Finally some luck...need help with makers mark.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 1425259661552.jpg
    1425259661552.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 1425259682807.jpg
    1425259682807.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 1425259704207.jpg
    1425259704207.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of a James Avery mark but I don't believe it is. Looks like a candelabra, a "M" or a "W" are possibilities. Nice finds!!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HHM

Last edited:

Old_Okie

Jun 14, 2007
The last set, if I am seeing right, looks like the kind of tri-color item that Black Hills Gold makes.

OP
OP
S

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I listed the 18K pearl earrings on ebay for $325. They sold in less than 12 hrs with very limited views. I am thinking the makers mark may be a well known jeweler. Feel like I left some money on the table, but overall I am happy.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could ask the buyer after they have the earrings in their hands if they could share the maker ID with you. I once sold an ivory beaded necklace hand carved beads. I was fairly confident it was genuine ivory and I advertised as "white/ivory hand carved beads". I also had good, clear close-up photos of the beads. They went around $200 with many bids. After the buyer had the necklace and left positive feedback I asked him if they were genuine ivory. He responded he was confident they were rhino ivory---yikes!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could ask the buyer after they have the earrings in their hands if they could share the maker ID with you. I once sold an ivory beaded necklace hand carved beads. I was fairly confident it was genuine ivory and I advertised as "white/ivory hand carved beads". I also had good, clear close-up photos of the beads. They went around $200 with many bids. After the buyer had the necklace and left positive feedback I asked him if they were genuine ivory. He responded he was confident they were rhino ivory---yikes!

And this is how I got my account suspended. Just for future notice. Selling Ivory. There's a heads up for you. They don't really give you a warning they just suspend your account.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold these before your ivory fiasco. I remember your thread on that and I was thinking I was lucky getting under the radar. :). Also, I listed a piece when I first started in eBay as possible ivory (it's jade but back then I had no clue!). It had bids right away but was pulled about a day into it. I had to read through their policy then. I didn't even know you couldn't sell it. My acct never got suspended though.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold these before your ivory fiasco. I remember your thread on that and I was thinking I was lucky getting under the radar. :). Also, I listed a piece when I first started in eBay as possible ivory (it's jade but back then I had no clue!). It had bids right away but was pulled about a day into it. I had to read through their policy then. I didn't even know you couldn't sell it. My acct never got suspended though.

Lucky :)

OP
OP
S

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone...could use some knowledge/opinions.

So I sold the pearl and 18k earrings on ebay. The lady contacted me today and said "I do not like them they are not real". She said she took them to a jeweler who said they " are not real sea" pearls.

I know there are natural pearls, but aren't 99% cultivated?

I don't want problems so I said I will take them back as long as she pays the shipping. I will have to eat the cost of shipping them to her. Am I doing the right thing? I had them listed as buy it now or best offer for $325. She paid full price right away. I think she thought they were mikimotos but has now realized they are not.

Happy hunting this weekend!
Bill

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be sure you get the same pair back. Not to be negative but you just never know. At the auction we were at today there were some sterling spoons in a mixed box. Later they were gone. I don't understand people like that but you just have to be careful.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Agree^ Makes sure they are the same pair. Although you will only have 2-3 days to confirm before eBay/Paypal takes your cash...IF she filed a return request.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread