Lego death star

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a community sale this morning that a friend of ours got me early access to. I bought small stuff a lot of it mostly jewelry like always. We left for about an hour and came back. We went and checked another rummage sale down the road and I didn't have lunch so we decided to come back to this community as there was a lot of houses just too many people and we couldn't really get through the crowd anymore. So we turned on one road and this lady had this Lego set outside. I get out and ask her how much she wants for it she says $250! Huh? Really so I said hang on let me check to see how much they actually sell for new in the stores. Which I was just checking completed listings on eBay.. Oh, $500! Sold! I actually saw one that sold for 700 and thought they all did. But doubling up his fine with me. Considering I only spent $315 today wasn't bad!!

image-394299389.jpg

My son wants to put it together there's 3805 pieces. But it's going to be somebody else's mission there I'm not gonna mess with that!!

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
Personally, I would not have spent anywhere near that much money unless that box still had the original shrink wrap. I know from long experience with my kids and legos that pieces get lost and parts from other sets get thrown in to the wrong box, etc., etc. I hope it works out for you. That would be a great score.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, I would not have spent anywhere near that much money unless that box still had the original shrink wrap. I know from long experience with my kids and legos that pieces get lost and parts from other sets get thrown in to the wrong box, etc., etc. I hope it works out for you. That would be a great score.
Eh. Not good.. I'll open it today. I'll come back with tears if it is opened. My son will be soooo happy if it is missing stuff!

It is still taped around it though

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Even if it has been opened you might still make out OK. You and your son can have a fun time putting it together (does it still have the instructions?) and, if it is all there, you can take pics of it all put together to show potential buyers it is complete. And if it isn't complete, your son has a fun thing to play with and you have learned a very valuable (albeit expensive) lesson. Good luck!

By the way, when my girls were little, we had some of the Lego pirate sets. We had hours and hours of fun with those first in putting them together and then we made up a game we called "Find the Treasure". Some of those sets came with a treasure box and a bunch of little gold coins. I would hide the coins in various places on the pirate island and pirate ship and see how long it took my girls to find them all. So much fun. I miss those days. I wish I still had those pirate sets. They are worth a small fortune today.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if it has been opened you might still make out OK. You and your son can have a fun time putting it together (does it still have the instructions?) and, if it is all there, you can take pics of it all put together to show potential buyers it is complete. And if it isn't complete, your son has a fun thing to play with and you have learned a very valuable (albeit expensive) lesson. Good luck! By the way, when my girls were little, we had some of the Lego pirate sets. We had hours and hours of fun with those first in putting them together and then we made up a game we called "Find the Treasure". Some of those sets came with a treasure box and a bunch of little gold coins. I would hide the coins in various places on the pirate island and pirate ship and see how long it took my girls to find them all. So much fun. I miss those days. I wish I still had those pirate sets. They are worth a small fortune today.

I checked, it's all sealed. Also the book is 260 pages long!! I would say it would take months to put together. My father-in-law is retired maybe I'll be a good gig for him!! I'd go crazy trying to do it!

I guess I'm pretty lucky that I get to be home with my kids a lot. And still be able to afford our bills and save a little bit as well. I'm pulling my daughter out of daycare full-time and just doing two days a week so that'll save us $300 a month. Between the moms at home in our neighborhood two days a week we can just move kids from house to house and have play dates all week long! It's silly that sometimes as parents we get so stressed out with our kids but I know one day were going to really miss having them at home too. I can't believe there's big as they are already!!

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent that it is still sealed. I would NOT open it if you are going to sell. List it as New In Box.

From an old Dad to a young Dad... cherish these moments when your kids are little. Those years fly by. Then they become teenagers and think they have the world all figured out, Mom & Dad are complete idiots, and hopelessly out of touch. But if you raised them right, they will outgrow that attitude in a few years a realize how fortunate they are to have such great parents. My girls are grown and on their own now but we are still a very close family. Considering the troubles so many families have, I am grateful for that every day.

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
BTW ... legos don't come in a box that is shrink wrapped. Unless someone does a darn good job of resealing, it should be obvious that it's new and unopened.

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
Fushek, thanks for that info. I've got a lot of Lego boxes and I wondered if they were unopened. Mine have two oblong pieces of clear tape that holds them closed (all found in different locations) and I think that means there new in box. They don't look tampered with.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep...not shrink-wrapped. I just found two Lego Creator sets Monday morning at GW(they had just opened). I bought them for $12.99 each. Sold one immediately on eBay for $55 and the other yesterday for $59.00. I wanted to move them quickly, so they would not pile up with the rest of my pile. I always grab Lego kits if they still have the tape sealing them up and are no more than $20.00(for the larger sets).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread