tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever Saturday the ARC thrift store has a big 50% off sales, but never on the jewelry case items and I'm not sure whats going on, but the good jewelry finds have been in the dumps for me lately, but they'll come back as that's how it always goes it seems. Heading down the Bric Brac aisle I see a lady looking over this vase, so I kept my eye on her in hopes she sets it back on the shelf, as it had my attention also. Well hallelujah she puts it back, so I move in on it and then I can't believe my eyes. It's a piece of Rookwood. I knew it was something when she was looking it over. I could tell the lady looking it over had a hunch about it, but just wasn't to sure about it, as it doesn't spell out the word Rookwood and only has their mark. It had a twelve dollar & change price tag and that tag color was a half off deal this day. It cost me a little over seven bucks. I'm going to keep it a while and look in to more info on it. I hope it's not a reissue or fake and I'm not sure that crazing it has is an attribute to collectors??.

Attachments

• rookwood 1.jpg
    rookwood 1.jpg
    720.9 KB · Views: 103
  • rookwood 2.jpg
    rookwood 2.jpg
    592.4 KB · Views: 99

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rookwood dated 1918 matte blue glaze, organic looking pattern #1908 vase, the V may stand for the height if it is around 5 inches. Not sure though. Nice old vase definitely not worth what it was 20 years ago though. The crazing will negatively affect the value also.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find.

Top Member Reactions