Holy wow! Is this for real?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just went to a yard sale and they had a lot of jewelry. I bought two watches and a necklace and the lady said $20. I think this might be the deal of a lifetime I don't know how much it's worth but I might go back with some money to her once I sell it. Which I suppose could backfire as well but. 14 karat Hamilton watch and an 18 karat universal watch with gold band.

image-2915658346.jpg

image-3440828565.jpg

Works perfectly fine has some scratches on the Crystal. Needs a cleaning.

image-3329417264.jpg

image-934746907.jpg

image-1921230140.jpg

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the Hilton work but I ended up selling it to the jeweler for 30 bucks. Wasn't worth a whole lot to begin with and he gives me discounts on batteries every time I get them so I got to take care him once in a while too. He said the other watch he thought between $2000-$2500 on eBay.

Saabman

Aug 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
F75
I thought the Hilton work but I ended up selling it to the jeweler for 30 bucks. Wasn't worth a whole lot to begin with and he gives me discounts on batteries every time I get them so I got to take care him once in a while too. He said the other watch he thought between $2000-$2500 on eBay.

SCORE!!!!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Hilton was worth a $100 scrap. If it is a mens universal and the band is also gold (I can't see the mark) The jeweler is correct 2 - 2.5K Nice score! I love yard sales!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Hilton was worth a $100 scrap. If it is a mens universal and the band is also gold (I can't see the mark) The jeweler is correct 2 - 2.5K Nice score! I love yard sales!

Well alright that's okay though. On the Hilton but the other one is solid 18k. The universal. It's really nice to send it's one of the cleanest ones he's ever seen.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good score on the watches.....the 2nd one makes for a great score.....here's an idea if you go back ask her if she has any broken jewelry such as chains, mismatched earrings, etc.....you might get a sweet deal and just scrap them for whatever you can get.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
STEEL Hiltons... go for 100+. Next time... ask. I would have paid you a quick CRISP BRAND NEW 100 bill for it.

So much for trusting him... LOL I'm happy with what I got and there's not much I can do to change it!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beach... When it comes to watches... Ask me... I will let ya know what I know... There is ALOT to know about em... and you cannot go by "online" on many of them... My girl is a watch "addict" and dealer... she deals with people from here to England. She also "services" some of them. I have spent a ton of money on her learning them... supplies and tools etc. Her step mom and dad are watch experts in England.

Alright sounds good. Yeah I have no idea about watches. Except for when they have those funny looking 750 marks on them. But yes I will keep that in mind before I ever sell another one again. Thank you

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scrap gold in that Hilton was at least a hundo. When in doubt put a high price AFTER service on e-bay... or sell as is... IF it works is the most important part.

It worked. The band was junk but the watched did work. The Crystal was cracked and the back of it had a big dent in it. That's all I knew about it when I was looking at it. That stinks that it's worth that much I can live with the gold price and we got $30 worth but knowing that was worth 500 that sucks.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welp I should be clear... 500 in PERFECT condition...
IF band was gold as well.
No biggie...
You have the other one :)

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just went to a yard sale and they had a lot of jewelry. I bought two watches and a necklace and the lady said $20. I think this might be the deal of a lifetime I don't know how much it's worth but I might go back with some money to her once I sell it. Which I suppose could backfire as well but. 14 karat Hamilton watch and an 18 karat universal watch with gold band.

If you take her some additional money that will be a classy move. Kudos to you.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought these from a lady at walmart for $8. Wish she had more. Probably does... They were in the coin star.

image-542531359.jpg

image-3277633939.jpg

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Giving the seller more money would be a classy move, but remember that people get weird once they know what something's worth. Take your jeweler for instance...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread