Sell as is/ or try to have it fixed?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I got this it was in the estate collection I bought. My question do you think I should try to fix it or just sell it as is. My jeweler knows where to get the stone to fix it more than likely. I just don't know how much it will cost for the actual Jade coming out the back of it. But its sterling silver with green turquoise and then A jade tail. Dragonfly brooch and then it is signed on the back also which looks to be SR.

image-1815631640.jpg

image-2823661468.jpg

image-985222710.jpg

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd get an estimate or two regarding repair cost and potential value. Kind of an interesting piece.
luvdus

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe it or not... those "crystal" shaped stones are readily available... or were at one time.
They are available in almost all semi precious stones... if not all.
Look for a "crystal" pendant necklace... then alter search to include type of stone IE: jade crystal pendant.

That stone should cost no more than a few dollars max.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jad...a=X&ei=tZgQVf3BAom6ggSCj4S4Bg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright. Thanks. I'll check into them. I will see if I can find one that fits but I'm guessing it has to be pretty long to be the body for the dragonfly.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look for really long one... agreed... I would replace with cool other stone... if jade not available easily...
Make sure to check some pics of actual dragon flies... for maybe getter color reference...
Broken VS not broken... means some money...
Dragon flys use to be a popular "insect pin" at one time... and I am sure there are buyers still.
You might get 20-30 VS 100... who knows.

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go for the fix, buts that's just me and who I am. I just spent a day searching for clear crystal dounut beads so I could fix a pair of earrings. 40 pcs/7.00 was the smallest amount I could buy but you couldn't tell the difference when done and they netted me 50.00 after I sold them

Now I have extra beads for repairs or make new earrings if it ever comes down to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread