Warm Weather = Garage Sales

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seen the first one advertised here in central pa this weekend! I'm ready for them to start again too!!

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ditto here in MN! There were a couple recently all indoor. I live a couple hrs from The twin cities so action is MUCH slower yet. Waiting....twiddling my thumbs....

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
We've gone from having 90 a week within 20 miles of me to having over 200. In southern California, we never have NO sales. Even on February 14, we had sales...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm burnt out on yard sales. I still go to a few each week, just to get my "fix". I haven't been to a thrift store in months. I have only been to a few estate sales since Christmas. I have to concentrate on selling some of this stuff versus buying more of it.

I'm saying this as I look at the pile of items I purchased this weekend, lol. But I only spent about $15 for everything. Excuses! Yes, I am an addict and I can admit it. That is the first step, right? :icon_jokercolor: Speaking of which I did pick up a few AA tokens over the weekend for .50, one of them was inserted in a sterling silver half dollar sized bezel pendant.
Anyways, For all of you that haven't been able to go because of the weather I say good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing and learning from your finds.

OP
OP
G

garagesaleaddict

Jul 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I go to auctions and Goodwill for most of my finds up here in the cold weather.
I wish I lived somewhere that I could go to garage sales all the time.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm burnt out on yard sales. I still go to a few each week, just to get my "fix". I haven't been to a thrift store in months. I have only been to a few estate sales since Christmas. I have to concentrate on selling some of this stuff versus buying more of it.

I'm saying this as I look at the pile of items I purchased this weekend, lol. But I only spent about $15 for everything. Excuses! Yes, I am an addict and I can admit it. That is the first step, right? :icon_jokercolor: Speaking of which I did pick up a few AA tokens over the weekend for .50, one of them was inserted in a sterling silver half dollar sized bezel pendant.
Anyways, For all of you that haven't been able to go because of the weather I say good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing and learning from your finds.

Hey Digguum,

I feel your pain!.... I've got to get rid of a lot of things since I missed getting in a "second" sale last year. On the same perspective as the rhetorical question I once heard, "Why is it that the garbage being taken out weighs MORE than the groceries being brought in?" I have repeatedly asked myself, "Why is it EASIER to bring stuff home than it is getting rid it?"

Although "Detox" doesn't last very long, and you are bound to be a "Repeat Offender", I've learned that the best "Treatment" for being a garage/estate sale addict is a garage sale of your own! The Positive reinforcement is when you are finished, there is a double good feeling of having more space and new dollars in your pocket The Negative reinforcement is that after two grueling days, you are tired-to-the-bone and you swear to yourself that if you buy anything else in future garage sales, it will only be no bigger or no more than will fit in your jeans' pockets.....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread