Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a small stockpile of gold and silver scrap and jewelry just curious on y'all's thoughts of what the price will do now that the government is talking about raising interest rate is it time to sell or still hold

If you find this answer let me know. I've been saving it and I only sell if I really need the money. Like this last week I sold 100 g of 14j. I could've gotten better if I mailed it in but needed the $ for a big deal, I needed some cash for it something else. I say just keep stockpiling it so it's really worthwhile to sell it or if you really need the money for something else.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I've been buying gold/silver at estate sales, antique malls, garage sales, etc under spot for the last several years. Sold probably 99% of everything I bought within a few weeks of purchase. Have never bought into the whole PM as investment idea. I'll go out on a limb & make a prediction that I know won't be popular. At some point over the next 2 years both gold & silver will settle into a very narrow range......& will stay there for at least 20-30 years.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree on the time frame except I'm pushing more of 10 years to 15 but the question is is how far do you think it will go most of the things I buy is well under spot so I'm not too concerned I'm losing money there are some items that I have that gold would have to go to five dollars an ounce before I would lose money

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I agree on the time frame except I'm pushing more of 10 years to 15 but the question is is how far do you think it will go most of the things I buy is well under spot so I'm not too concerned I'm losing money there are some items that I have that gold would have to go to five dollars an ounce before I would lose money
I guess that's one way to look at it. Maybe it's just me, but if I own something I could sell that's worth $1185/ozt & it drops to $5ozt I've lost money. I have no idea where the price will go.....& neither does anyone else. All I'm saying is that the price will end up in a range & stay there.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good point

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
... is it time to sell or still hold

After gazing deeply into my navel, tea leaves, and magic 8 ball I can say with absolute certainty that the answer is... YES. icon_lol.gif

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just like the gas prices...no one knows what they are going to do...changes by the minute.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't need the cash...hold. If you never need to sell, you leave to family. Right now gold is a hedge....long term gold is money.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread