That one vendor

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would always see him at the flea market every time I went. Never checked out any of the stuff because I figured all of his prices were too high he had tons of jewelry and just walking by and looked at it and looked nearly too expensive to afford. After seeing this guy for about two years I finally went into his booth.

Probably one of the nicest people I've ever talk to. Spent maybe 45 minutes in there talking with him and he showed me some of the nicer pieces in his case that he thought would sell for more however we are not in the right market. To get the prices he would like for them.

I ended up spending $40 on a pair of earrings and thought I could probably get 80 for them which is not huge but he was a nice guy and I wanted to spend some money in his booth. They ended up selling for $125 shortly after listing them. So I think I will be going back to see him next weekend and see what else he has in his case. Funny thing is I learned a lot also so it wasn't a bad experience! Taught me a lesson though not to just assume anything but to just try something new. Here's what I bought though..

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=151638507443

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I would have seen those earrings I probably wouldn't have spent more than a few dollars on them (unless I looked them up and saw what they were selling for!) you have a good eye for the good stuff! Congrats again!

Jayers

Jun 28, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Just starting out with a BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a (very) high end picker on another forum says "Get off your scooter and talk to people!" And he couldn't be more right. Luckily for me I'm generally a friendly person that will strike up conversations with strangers.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a (very) high end picker on another forum says "Get off your scooter and talk to people!" And he couldn't be more right. Luckily for me I'm generally a friendly person that will strike up conversations with strangers.

Yes this is normally how I am too and I don't have a problem talking to anybody usually. I don't know I just assumed he has a lot of gold and silver so it's all overpriced. And I was wrong! I just talk to a guy that has supposedly $300 face value in Morgan dollars plus a whole lot of rolls of silver quarters and dimes however he said prices are too low and he doesn't want to sell them. Now I didn't get to buy any but the opportunity would've never even happened had I not said anything and who knows maybe the next guy will sell some!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread