lumhechati1

Apr 2, 2015
Marietta ga.30062
Detector(s) used
None yet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1930's sterling & platinum lift arm lighter for 40.00

I bought this lighter thinking it was just an old Mexico sterling lighter but found out it's made of sterling(93.5%)-platinum(6.5%).It weighs 62.grams so it has 4 grams of platinum.It's platinet which is sterling and platinum.It works great melt is 180.00 not bad for 40.00:thumbsup::laughing7: GRUEN 081.jpg platinet 012.jpg platinet 009.jpg

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cools old lighter. The only thing is, "platinet" is much newer than your lighter, or so it would appear.

[h=3]PlatiLite® Continues to Revolutionize the Industry[/h]Our premium sterling silver products have, for the past few years, filled a need for jewelers who were looking for alternatives to gold but didn't want to settle for regular sterling silver.
PlatiLite.jpg
United promptly developed Platinet® which offered jewelers and manufacturers a high-end yet cost effective alternative to regular sterling silver. Platinet® combined sterling silver with 6.2% platinum added in for color, hardness and added value.

After a year of success and due in part to the rising cost of metals, jewelers turned to United and asked for a more affordable alternative. Thus, in 2013 PlatiLite® was born and has, for the past year become one of our best-selling premium silvers second only to our ground-breaking formula of sterling silver with palladium, Silvadium®.
Today, PlatiLite® is used in the production of regular silver jewelry as well as high-end bridal lines sold throughout major retailers in the US and abroad. PlatiLite® is sterling silver .950 with 2% platinum making it more affordable but equally as lustrous and workable as its predecessor.
It is completely fire-scale-free, offers bright white color, has a hard surface which allows for a superior polishing luster, is heat-treatable to a high hardness of 90Hv-100Hv and is high fluidity allowing for stone-in-place castings. PlatiLite® can also be used for both casting and fabrication making it one of our most popular premium silver products.
Click here to preview some jewelry pieces in PlatiLite currently being sold at one retailer:
Search Results | Kohl's

For pricing and more information, contact your account representative today!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
L

lumhechati1

Apr 2, 2015
Marietta ga.30062
Detector(s) used
None yet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were 2 others on sold e-bay one for 45.-other was 68.00.Platinet didn't have a trademark,patent claim.The refinery claimed the trade mark 2011.

OP
OP
L

lumhechati1

Apr 2, 2015
Marietta ga.30062
Detector(s) used
None yet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
platinet platinum and sterling mix

I and my family are gold buyers,yet even so i just heard of platinet and contacted the refinery i use NTR.METALS and yup it's 93.5%silver and 6.5% platinum mix-no copper,no nickel only silver and platinum.mine has 4 grams of platinum and 59.grams of silver.Had content e-rayed.:headbang:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
DUH! My apologies... I just noticed that it is stamped "platinet" in the 2nd pic. Very interesting. Never saw something like this before.

OP
OP
L

lumhechati1

Apr 2, 2015
Marietta ga.30062
Detector(s) used
None yet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats o.k 2 sold one e-bay for 100 for both i wish i saw them i'd have bought for the melt alone.

kevsctt

Aug 4, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread