Salvaged before the dump..

Sterling

Jan 24, 2012
central, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are some items I salvaged before they got disposed of..Hope someone can help me with the unique glove I got... image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really like the plow, makes great yard art in a flower bed.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
While the Winchester Catcher's Mitt doesn't appear to be as old as the ones at the link below, it does appear to be Vintage and could be worth a fair sum! You will have to scroll down to near the bottom of the page for the two Winchester Catcher's Mitts and the 1st one is closes to your' find.

1920s Antique Baseball Gloves

Also, you might sign up to the "Vintage Baseball Glove Forum" at the link below and ask the knowledgeable folks there about the glove. My understanding that any Vintage Winchester Glove and especially the Catcher's Mitts are worth a pretty penny and especially in the condition that your's is!

Vintage Baseball Glove Forum ? Index page

Frank

Last edited:

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That turn plow will go good with the hippies around that area, amazing what people throw away these days.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice freebies! Great condition on that glove too! Being a Winchester makes it a cross collectible believe it or not. I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you sell it. I would definitely list this at auction versus a BIN. By the way, the lack of separated fingers on the back of the glove identifies this as a base mitt (1st baseman's glove), not a catcher's mitt.

OP
OP
Sterling

Sterling

Jan 24, 2012
central, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Dig for all your help as always! When I do sell it I'll do the ebay auction as suggested.....:thumbsup:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice freebies! Great condition on that glove too! Being a Winchester makes it a cross collectible believe it or not. I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you sell it. I would definitely list this at auction versus a BIN. By the way, the lack of separated fingers on the back of the glove identifies this as a base mitt (1st baseman's glove), not a catcher's mitt.
Neither base mitts nor catchers mitts have separated fingers... 1st base mitts are longer and have a more rectangle appearance...catchers mitt have a round appearance...that's a catchers mitt Sterling has.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neither base mitts nor catchers mitts have separated fingers... 1st base mitts are longer and have a more rectangle appearance...catchers mitt have a round appearance...that's a catchers mitt Sterling has.
I'm referring to the back side of the glove. A catchers mitt does have separated fingers, a first baseman's glove does not. I have to respectively disagree with you, that is not a catcher's mitt.
This is a Winchester catcher's mitt-

WnchstCB_595.jpg

winchester-catchers-mitt-front_595.jpg

And this is a Winchester Base Mitt-

winchester-basemitt-back_595.jpg
WnchstCF_595.jpg

For more examples- Winchester (4) | Baseball Glove Collector Gallery | Baseball Glove Collector dot com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread