Really, really GOOD estate sale! Picture heavy

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
some folks do not care for dads"history" or hand me down items -- just gimme da cash ,money , money , money what can I get fer it? -- those types I feel no pity towards if I can get a item cheaply from them..

the blue musket pin --is a combat infantry badge --it meant that the man took part in "battle" personally as in---- you see the enemy and shoot him before he shoots you -- frontline in your face combat * up close and ugly as it gets..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some folks do not care for dads"history" or hand me down items -- just gimme da cash ,money , money , money what can I get fer it? -- those types I feel no pity towards if I can get a item cheaply from them..

the blue musket pin --is a combat infantry badge --it meant that the man took part in "battle" personally as in---- you see the enemy and shoot him before he shoots you -- frontline in your face combat * up close and ugly as it gets..
Thanks for that additional information Ivan! There is a paper in this lot called "Separation Qualification Record" which is his summary of military occupations. It's a really cool paper. This is what is says about him:
He served one year with a parachute infantry regiment in England, France, Belgium and Germany. Supervised and assisted a squad of twelve men in moving, emplacing, loading, aiming, and firing a 60mm mortar. Was the last man to jump from the plane to make sure everyone was out. Selected the site for setting up mortar to provide best possible concealment and largest range of fire. Was responsible for the tactical employment of the squad. When firing, acted as an observer and directed fire of weapon using telephone, radio or hand signals. Estimated range and deflection. Supervised the cleaning & oiling of the weapon.

Here is a link to the auction( I hope it's okay to put that on here?). I have put the papers, Purple Heart Box, Infantryman's Badge, Airborne patches and a few other things in one lot. I thought someone might really enjoy getting all these things together. Maybe someone could make a shadow box with everything in it.
WWII Memorabilia Purple Heart Box w Documentation Infantryman's Badge Misc | eBay

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the man was a squad sized unit leader -- at least a nco (non commisssio0n officer) or sargent as most folks call em --maybe even a Lt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread