Jewelry Jar Medal?

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
In one of my recent buys at Goodwill, I found this "medal". From the research I learned how to do from treasure net, I know it is British and from Birmingham around 1917-1919. That is all I can find. Anyone know anything additional about it?
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
In case some can't tell...the hallmarks are an anchor. A lion facing left, and the letter U. The shape of the boxes they are in denote the year 1917 or 1919 if I remember correctly. I'm rather happy that it proves I have learned a "little bit" from you experts here!

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I believe it is an Order of the Eastern Star medal. Freemason related fraternal group open to both men and women. Cool find!

OP
OP
D

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys! I should have recognized those colors! The fact that it was assayed in England thew me off. I never thought of the Order of Eastern Star as an organization outside of the United States.

OP
OP
D

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, that is correct. Which is why I automatically thought of a European award.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just doing a bit of tidying up on some older threads, mainly for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.

Yes, sterling marked for Birmingham 1919. The maker is William Adams Ltd. of Barr Street, Birmingham.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread