OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you decided if you are going to have that bracelet repaired? I was looking at that bracelet earlier and thought how similar it looked to the ladies watch bands of the late 20-30s. I wonder if you could find a broken band nad just use the side panels as a repair?
I did email the lady who seems to have 10 of them on eBay and I asked her if she had any parts laying around she'd be interested in selling. But she said the only broken one she had she sold for $649. I can ask my jeweler but I doubt he has anything like that and then there is another place I'm going to stop at probably this week and see if they can fix it but I think I'm going to listed for 700 or best offer in the meantime and if I can find somebody to repair it then I fix the listing.

Part of me wants to keep it right next to the $5 18k watch I found last month. I've always wanted to keep silver coins when I bought them but looking at it now I would rather have something that is cool looking versus role of junk silver. ($100 bills are nice too though. ) lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess one other note to I'm not really concerned right now about my money not doing anything besides sitting there. I need to focus on the pile of stuff I have to sell in order to recoup the money I spent. I guess I don't look at the money market being ours is .035% at our credit union because that's not much of a option.

If I can get caught up on my stuff I have to sell my return on my dollar is way larger if I buy something for dollar and sell it for $20 or if I buy something for three dollars and sell it for $15. that's how I get my stuff to work for me. Once we pay off our cars and focus on saving up for buying the house were in. then we can focus more on retirement or whatnot but right now I just need to get six months of income saved up plus a cushion to be able to buy whatever I want in order to resell. I have a couple goals to meet.

I'm not very stock market Smart though. I mean I do have stuff going into my Roth IRA every month, $300 bucks on to stocks that pay decent dividends. This is probably all totally off subject but I'm still deciding on if I should sell off my coin collection or not I think about it every single day.

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
Unfortunately, money market acct or the Piggy are about as good as leaving it in PayPal, neither keep up with inflation, overtime the actual value of your money shrinks. I'd open a Investment account and buy some high quality Blue Chip Stocks instead, collect a 2-6% Divy yield and think longterm, if scared of individual stock, buy an ETF, add more $$ when ever you can.
"Compounding" is an amazing nest egg builder, especially if your young (Beach "Kid").

Sorry Finance is my thing.

Nice jobs on the finds, keep-up the great work.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, money market acct or the Piggy are about as good as leaving it in PayPal, neither keep up with inflation, overtime the actual value of your money shrinks. I'd open a Investment account and buy some high quality Blue Chip Stocks instead, collect a 2-6% Divy yield and think longterm, if scared of individual stock, buy an ETF, add more $$ when ever you can. "Compounding" is an amazing nest egg builder, especially if your young (Beach "Kid"). Sorry Finance is my thing. Nice jobs on the finds, keep-up the great work.

So what stocks do you buy? I suck at that. I did just buy an oil one and then it freaking tanked... So I bought 250 more shares.

My wife and I are going to work on paying off our cars ASAP. We owe 19,000 on the two and I figure by paying them off we will save about $550 a month. And Were paying off her credit card as well because we had two surgeries to pay cash for within the last month... half of one is paid for.
We just need to save up cash right now I'm worried now about when my kids turn to teenagers and for one of them that's only four years away!

We talked about my coin collection and I'm going to hang onto it but not buying anything anymore unless I buy it At a yard sale or estate sale for cheap. Like the watch, it was $5. For Now it's more of a savings.

We're going to cut out going out to eat and buying brand-new things if we can help it. We haven't gone out to eat for three weeks my children want pizza from across the street so bad. They sent my three-year-old in to the room this morning to wake me up and say daddy we want pizza! It's $37 to feed all 5 people wings,pizza, soda. Then no left overs and we were doing that 3xs a week. So I bought pot roast tonight with vegetables going to make that for tomorrow and the veggie chicken stirfry for over pasta the next night. Then eat the leftovers Til the weekend~ the older two hate leftovers! So I told them they can have cereal instead for an option if they don't want to eat the dinner. So I only buy hunting that Cheerios now if they want cereal that's what they have to eat! None of the sugar stuff!!!

I was really ticked off though the other day my daughter said she wishes she could live with one of her friends because they get whatever they want and they don't have to live by eating bread and rice every single night like she does.. Boo piss, I'll give you a nice bed and a clean room you can sit in for the next week and think about how bad you got it! Hahahaha. I said its 1985 again, pulled out the video my mother converted to DVD and said Time to change your outfits! They were NOT thrilled one bit.

Too bad though but I think my wife and I have gotten over we adopted our kids so let's buy them whenever we want because we love them. Now were like okay we need to retire one day so let's get serious about this and take some action and change our lives. Alright going to bed!

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I've got plenty of friends that make a lot more money than the wife & I do. Many of them ***** about not having enough $ to do what they want, or not having enough to pay for health insurance, or not having anything put back for retirement, or whatever. They don't seem to have any problem going out to eat every other day, buying new cars every few years, & buying items they will only use until they get bored. We mostly eat at home, only buy new cars when the old one is unreliable, & don't buy bs that will sit on a shelf after a month.

It's all about choices & being able to distinguish between a want & a need. You can put back a heck of a lot of money on a surprisingly small income while still having a good time. All you have to do is learn to ask yourself if whatever you are about to spend your money on is something you will be happy about next week, month, or year.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My entire career, everytime I get a raise I make sure my "lifestyle" cost goes up significantly less than my raise. I have never purchased a new car and almost everything else we buy is used.

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My entire career, everytime I get a raise I make sure my "lifestyle" cost goes up significantly less than my raise. I have never purchased a new car and almost everything else we buy is used.

That is something I'm going to be facing in the next week. I just changed positions at my company (huge promotion) and a pay raise to match.! Now I need to make sure I don't spend the extra money but instead funnel it into savings/retirement. I'm not one to spend money and, if this forum is any indication, have no problem using anything second hand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions