Post your fishing related finds here

tomsright

Jul 2, 2013
NatureCoast Florida
Detector(s) used
A/T PRO, 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up this Pflueger #60 this weekend for $2. It has a brass frame.
WIN_20150418_161558.JPG WIN_20150418_161502.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
0419151143.jpg 0419151143a.jpg 0419151144.jpg 0419151145.jpg 0419151145a.jpg

Here are two of my finds from the weekend. $10 for the plastic box and all contents and $5 for the aluminum one with all contents. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is interesting beachkid. Thanks for posting it. :thumbsup:

frostdigger

Jan 1, 2013
Col. Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350, Garrett AT pro, Garrett AT gold, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a knap sack with all these balled together for 50 bucks. image.jpg

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a great buy Frostdigger.

I snagged some more hardbaits and plastics yesterday.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I hit the mother load .. got 7 surface type dual prop type black 4 inch long / 2 green /yellow type --diamond rattler lures ..3 gray 3 inch dual prop type --diamond rattler lures -- 1 (4 inch) brown colored floater /diver "school master" type and a bluish greenish 3 inch "school master " -- the black , green /yellow and gray list on e bay from about a low 12 to as much as 40 bucks

all of them are New Old Stock (nos) in package still from the 1970's era ... anyone want any ? I can do much better than e bay --

I can do a top water 3 piece set -- 1 black dual prop , 1 yellow / green dual prop (both 4 inch size) and a 3 inch grey dual prop --shipped with tracking included for $30 .. one e bay guy has a single one of any of them listed at 29.99 --

I can sell any one item for $12 ( 10 + 2 to cover shipping ) or two for $20 and I'll cover the shipping

these are sweet old 1970's era vintage lures ..I'll have them for about 2 weeks then I'm holding a yard sale --these will not last long trust me..

Last edited:

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome. I'm not sure if you wear a fishing lure bolo to fish or for more formal occasions. That must have been a real character who owned that.

Probably not what you had intended but I had to post it because it is a fishing Luehr.

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About thirty years ago I worked for this consulting firm that had a contract clearing all the debris that collected at the head of the Safe Harbor Dam in eastern PA. We had what was basically a big floating combine that had a conveyor belt and paddlewheels on the side for manuevering. They required us to have two people onboard when on the river. Whoever wasnt driving would use a dipnet to pick up all the fishing lures we collected in the debris and we would through them in a bucket. At the end of the week we would draw straws to pick and pick through hundreds of lures. By the end of the summer we both had several hundred. I kept the nicer ones and sold all the rest. I still have one or two in my tacklebox.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is really cool snakeman! Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some good lots in that one for sure. I think the ones they left tangled up have some of the better ones in it.

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going up to South Carolina for a week. Going to do some surf fishing while I'm there. Any suggestions for bait or any tips? Going to Isle of Palms which is where a shark attack happened on Tuesday.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never fished in the ocean. Is there a pier that you can go out on? If so, I bet you could throw some of the baitfish they have in the store. I watched some people in florida catch some decent ones out there.

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
I'm going up to South Carolina for a week. Going to do some surf fishing while I'm there. Any suggestions for bait or any tips? Going to Isle of Palms which is where a shark attack happened on Tuesday.

I can only speak for the Texas and Louisiana Gulf coast, but if you fish with live shrimp, you are almost guaranteed to catch something. Here on the coast, bait shops that are selling it usually fly a white flag. If no live shrimp, then try fresh dead shrimp, heads on.

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came across a fishing lure yesterday at an estate sale didn't get any pictures so I'm going to describe it it was silver in color with a Red tail it flowed sideways with two trouble hooks on the side and the front where you type your string you tight to another string and when you pull and release the tail moves is anybody know the name and the year that this Lure might've been made

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread