Post your fishing related finds here

Antoox

Tenderfoot
Jun 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! I found this really cool ambassadeur record 5000 black edition when my grandfather died. What can it be worth? Its in good condition and the spare parts, the key and oil container are still there as well. image.jpeg image[1].jpeg image[2].jpeg

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know where I could sell fishing poles besides eBay? I will post some pics soon.
I do not know if this would help, you asked the question almost one year ago.
I had a bamboo rod and two older rods in my car and stopped at my local fishing store. They had a sign up that they take consignments. so brought in my three rods. Last sunday I picked them up because they did not sell. The bamboo sat at the back of a glass reel cabinet and the others were mixed in with over a hundred new ones. all were hard to see. they sat there about 9-10 months.

roygpa

Mar 5, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+ Garrett AT-Pro, Fisher F5, Fisher F2, 2- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A bag of 15 Spoonplugs for 2 bucks a piece that I found in Linesville, PA
spoonplugs.JPG

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is something I have had for 10-11 months. The first four shots are of an old rod mailing box (I can see a shipping address on the lid) and sections of bamboo rods, nothing matches. The last three shots are of the bamboo rod that did not sell at the fishing store that I talked about in my last post.

I got all for free, I got hired to sell a warehouse of junk and antiques. Anything that didn't sell I got first pick.

Need some opinions. should I list all on ebay? what should I ask?

Attachments

• BAMBOO-5.JPG
    BAMBOO-5.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 85
  • BAMBOO-4.JPG
    BAMBOO-4.JPG
    215 KB · Views: 94
  • BAMBOO-3.JPG
    BAMBOO-3.JPG
    180.8 KB · Views: 83
  • BAMBOO-2.JPG
    BAMBOO-2.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 80
  • BAMBOO-1.JPG
    BAMBOO-1.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 81
  • BAMBOO-6.JPG
    BAMBOO-6.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 82
  • BAMBOO-7.JPG
    BAMBOO-7.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 86

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is something I have had for 10-11 months. The first four shots are of an old rod mailing box (I can see a shipping address on the lid) and sections of bamboo rods, nothing matches. The last three shots are of the bamboo rod that did not sell at the fishing store that I talked about in my last post.

I got all for free, I got hired to sell a warehouse of junk and antiques. Anything that didn't sell I got first pick.

Need some opinions. should I list all on ebay? what should I ask?

Is there a name on the fly rod? Some of the name brand ones go pretty good on eBay. I just purchased a couple St. Croix rods (one on eBay and one on CL). During my searches I saw quite a few get decent prices and shipping too. I'd eBay them, especially if there's a name or stamp of any sort you could research. Good luck [emoji4]

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Thread.
I been enjoying reading it for the last hour or so.
I got a couple older tackle boxes I picked up at Yard Sales a few years back, One that I recall had a bunch of older looking lures still in their Cardboard Boxes. They def, Caught my eye.
Hope to post them sometime , but I you know me it may be awhile LOL, Gotta dig them out of my 'Packed' closet.
Now this is Entertainment.
Davers

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not very good with these Dan, but I'd say somewhere around $50-$100 for a common one, no special brand.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not very good with these Dan, but I'd say somewhere around $50-$100 for a common one, no special brand.

do you think people are interested in buying all in the photos? do people collect old non-matching rods?

UPDATE: 5:30 PM I listed these in two auctions. Starting at 99¢ with a BIN of $110

UPDATE: already got one bid each, so now no nice BIN $$

Last edited:

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a tacklebox today for $10 it's loaded. It's all fresh water lures but for $10 I wasn't leaving it. I'm not sure if I should put it on eBay or just on offer up.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484420116.089364.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484420148.162870.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484420171.971953.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484420193.193177.jpg

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, you got a heck of a deal. Not sure what brand or anything, but I've sold reels spools like that for about $10 each. They can go more. I didn't see any really special lures from what I could see. The box of lipless crankbaits in picture 2 normally bring about $2 each, and then the rapala box will probably bring $3-$5 each. Maybe a little less on eBay. You'll do well on this lot, any way you sell it. :thumbsup:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry that I have no pics but I purchase Vintage fishing reels, lures, equipment and every now and then, a rod or two at Estate Sales or Estate Auctions! I recently picked up a 1966 made Garcia Mitchell 300 reel in super nice shape with the original plastic case, extra spool in it's original spool case, extra retrieve handle and all of the manuals and paperwork for $20 at an Estate Sale and sold it for $75 just a few days later. At the same Estate Sale, I picked up a like new in box Eagle Claw ECA Spin Cast Reel for $20, a Bronson 906 Viking Spin Cast Reel in box for $15, a South Bend 710 Spin Reel in box for $10, a like new Eagle Claw (Wright & McGill) "Sweetheart" 6 1/2 foot Spin Cast Rod in it's original plastic sleeve and in it's original Aluminum Rod (Tube) Case for $15 and a like new Bill Dance - Daiwa PG-50DP ProCaster 5 1/2 foot Spin Cast Rod in it's original felt/cloth sleeve and in the original PVC Rod (Tube) Case that it was shipped in from Cabela's for $10. I sold off a lot of my' other Vintage and newer Reels and Lures last Fall but have some left including a Bass Pro Shop Fishing Lure & Equipment Soft Case with lots of lures in it and a large Shimano Fishing Lure Soft Case loaded with Muskie and Pike lures. I am now trying to determine if the Vintage mainly 1950's unused spools of Fishing Line, Hooks, Sinkers, Swivels and other items are worth listing on eBay or elsewhere. I just gave a friend a Vintage and Mint pair of Case XX Fishing Scissors that come apart, in their' original Leather Case/Sheath. I have another pair of Case XX Scissors that are not for fishing use and they measure close to 11 inches long. I just have to find which one of my' grandkids bogarted them and did not bring them back.:BangHead:

Frank

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought a tacklebox today for $10 it's loaded. It's all fresh water lures but for $10 I wasn't leaving it. I'm not sure if I should put it on eBay or just on offer up.

View attachment 1401883
View attachment 1401884
View attachment 1401885
View attachment 1401886

Were the reels that the spools go to (fit) still at the sale? If so, you need to go back and get them as the spools are reel specific (not real specific, LOL) and from what I can see in the pics, they are spools for high dollar reels. Even if the reels are gone, you can still sell the spools on eBay individually or as a lot.

Frank

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any of the hardbaits inside the bag itself anything special?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread