Master locks

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop by a yard sale today at about 1130 and it was advertised as tools. The man had probably 10 tables completely full of them. Everything was newer but pretty well used I guess. There wasn't much I needed but he sure had a lot of master locks. He was asking $3/ each and they all had keys. All worked. Paid $120 for 60 of them. Going to try to sell them in lots of 10 for $60 with 10 bucks shipping. Maybe 5 at a time. Hopefully they sell. But they are all the same kind.

image-1868149544.jpg

image-2678904147.jpg

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if you sold lots of 10 for $30 each, you'll still make good money on them. May take a little time but I think you'll do okay. Maybe even list them with multiple quanties or let them buy multiple lots at a time. Good job thinking outside the box.

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool score on the locks. People always need those, and at that price you can't help but make some money on them. A+ :thumbsup:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd list them in pairs for $14.99 w/free shipping. I believe a pair of them would fit in a small flat rate box. I may be wrong but I believe most people only need a lock or two, versus 5 or 10.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd list them in pairs for $14.99 w/free shipping. I believe a pair of them would fit in a small flat rate box. I may be wrong but I believe most people only need a lock or two, versus 5 or 10.

Your probably right...

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
After checking out "Sold" listings on eBay, it appears that selling them in lots of 5 or 10 is actually the better route and fetches more money per lock. The locks sold individually or in pairs just haven't fetched much unless they are rare or were very expensive when sold brand new. Just my thoughts!

Frank

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After checking out "Sold" listings on eBay, it appears that selling them in lots of 5 or 10 is actually the better route and fetches more money per lock. The locks sold individually or in pairs just haven't fetched much unless they are rare or were very expensive when sold brand new. Just my thoughts!

Frank
Didn't really see that myself, with these particular locks anyway.

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of storage places require you to use these disk locks, I'm not sure what kind of bulk pricing they get on the locks they carry to sell customers but if you're looking to unload these a little faster you might be able to move some locally that way (selling to the storage places) since you're already selling in bulk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread