Nice yard sale find today....

Shorty Buckshot

Aug 19, 2012
Northeast Indiana
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a couple errands to run this afternoon....on the way to the grocery saw a garage sale sign ahead...figured what the heck so I stopped in....they were putting things away and in the corner I saw a unique piece of furniture....
Asked the lady if it was for sale and she said yes.....lots of folks had looked at it but no one wanted to take it home....it ended up being a wind up phonograph..1923 Victor Talking Machine in mahogany cabinet....

So I checked it out and asked if I could try it out....she came over and showed me how it worked....it was way cool and played perfectly....So now the big question....how much?

She said she had been asking $125 but would entertain an offer....I thought about it and said I would give her $75 cash...she thought about it a minute and said "why not"....I couldn't pay and get it in the truck fast enough....Its very cool, in great shape, works perfectly and has extra needles and about 20 78 RPM records...I am pleased

Victor.jpg

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one of the nicest one I have seen. Around here they would have wanted $200 -$300 and the needles would have been extra.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I just donated several boxes of Victrola records to Goodwill last week! Would have kept them if I had a nice setup like that! But it will be a decent tax write off. Good score on your part. Its beautiful!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread