Mar 31, 2015
new Danville,Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Minelab's Sovereign XS-2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a 1988 hess truck never opened , a 1989 hess truck never opened , a Ertl texaco 1930 diamond tanker with paper insert paid 13.00 for all 3
and i bought 3 american eagle one ounce proof silver coins in box and velvet case for 5.00 a piece to my suprise when I opened the one box there was a 1 gram gold bar inside in plastic sleeve ASSY certified with number fine gold .999

DSC00008.JPG DSC00007.JPG DSC00006.JPG DSC00005.JPG DSC00004.JPG DSC00012.JPG DSC00011.JPG DSC00010.JPG

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow....i still have yet to find any coins at yard sales. Nice finds.
I found coins twice. Once a hundred pounds of wheat cents for $1 a pound and another time a bunch of common silver and such for about 25% melt.

That Gold piece was a great little surprise. It will carry a premium because of the bank/assayer. Not to mention those AE proofs in their cases. Nice scores.

OP
OP
W

whtlion

Mar 31, 2015
new Danville,Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Minelab's Sovereign XS-2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beach im going to hang on to the gold and coins, i was offered 45 for the three coins and 40 for the gold but declined ... im a yard sale junkie my wife just shakes her head god love her

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beach im going to hang on to the gold and coins, i was offered 45 for the three coins and 40 for the gold but declined ... im a yard sale junkie my wife just shakes her head god love her

Sounds good. I keep a lot of mine too! Unless I sunk a lot of money into it that I have to recoup but I keep a lot too

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have declined that offer too. When you say $45 for the AE's do you mean for all three or each? If each, then not a bad deal. The '96 and '97 boxed AE proofs are selling for $50 each on the low end, the '98 being the exception, selling slightly lower around $45.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome surprise find.

OP
OP
W

whtlion

Mar 31, 2015
new Danville,Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Minelab's Sovereign XS-2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all diggummup he wanted to give me 45.00 for all 3 AE coins i said um no thanks and i had to pry the gold from his hand he really wanted that .. lol

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all diggummup he wanted to give me 45.00 for all 3 AE coins i said um no thanks and i had to pry the gold from his hand he really wanted that .. lol

Don't ever let someone else touch your junk. They never want to leave it alone. I bought a bracelet two weeks ago but before I actually paid for it the guy next to me said hey let me see that and sticks his hand out. I told him no I just bought it sorry. The guy was mad but there's no way I was going to hand it over to him. He wasn't going to take it from under me.

$15 apiece what a rip off!! $5 apiece what a deal!!

Congratulations on your score.

OP
OP
W

whtlion

Mar 31, 2015
new Danville,Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Minelab's Sovereign XS-2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tallone, it depends on their condition new in box will bring the highest meaning they still have the white paper insert as well as anything else that came in the box (minus batteries) the box must also be in pristine condition, also if you do find any open the battery box and make sure the seller either removed the batteries (they may have leaked) or they are not leaking and causing damage to the truck, you can goggle hess truck values and find price guides of course the older the truck usually the more value .. the Values are based on excellent/Mint condition boxed items.

whtlion

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread