Watches $10 for all

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
STill going trough them. All name brands, some swiss made. Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, pulsar, 2 seiko automatic 1 chronograph, benrus. Probably 40 wristwatches altogether. Couple of look like with batteries may go for $50- $100 apiece maybe. image-4053888640.jpg image-1407794615.jpg image-4284634540.jpg image-217215197.jpg image-3958750376.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome find!

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal on the watches. Bad part is the number of different sized batteries that you will end up buying if you replace them. A working watch with a new battery always sells better than a non working one that may or may not work even with a new battery. I say this because I have a big pile of watches still to get rid of. I've sold a dozen or so in the past year. It seems like every watch has a different sized battery. So I concentrated on the watches that would sell for the most. Of course I'm still buying them too, picked up 2 women's watches (1 working Bulova, 1 non-working Ribaux Swiss) both with 12k gold filled bands, along with 3 tiny sterling rings, 2 small sterling pins and 1 gram of 10k gold for $2.50 today at one sale.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I figured it would be several different batteries. But I picked out the better watches and my jewelers always hook me up in the past so I'm going to take them to him tomorrow and have him put a battery in there he only charges me five dollars per watch and I normally give him a 10 or $15 tip if he does a bunch of them like this so all the other ones I'm just going to auction as is. there are a couple that are worth getting batteries put in.

I went to Salvation Army today and the manager pointed out a Rolex they had donated. It was a 1944 Rolex Viceroy she looked one up on eBay in really good excellent condition they were asking $2600 for it. So the manager was asking $2200 for the one they had. Looking I completed listings the watch in the quality of the one she had sells for around $1200. She told me I can make an offer on it so I said $400 and she got all mad. But I'm not going to put a bunch of money into a watch I know nothing about it didn't work though. However it looked terrible. The whole background face was all discolored and needed to be cleaned. Not by me though

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strangest thing.. Whoever on these watches before hand include coins on the back of them. One of them had a 1833 large sent glued onto it. Then another one the coin was missing but you could see perfectly in the glue in the 1830s silver bust half dollar. Perfect outline in the glue and full liberty and everything excellent detail on the coin I wish I was still glued onto the thing! I wonder if there was other ones in there at the beginning of the yard sale that people bought that had coins glued onto them as well.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Buy the batteries off Ebay. I got Renata batteries for under a buck a piece. Most of the sellers have free shipping. There is a seller from South Carolina with beach in the name that I have bought from before. I like the guys in NY, because they get to me in two days.

ps-- Rolexs start at $300 to clean.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread