Sterling+14K ??

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
What does it mean when a ring saying Sterling+14K?

I bought a little ring that says that on the inside and im not sure
I think I may have over paid at $3 ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430492339.823335.jpg

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
14k plate over sterling most likely.

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Look closely. There are probably two different colored metals. One is gold and one is silver.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there any other name or marking in there besides 925 and 14 K? Also it's kind of just like gold layering over top of the silver. I would still put it up on eBay for 3999 or best offer. Or 29 but should be able to get at least $25 out of it. If not more. And if there is a name in there you can probably double that amount.

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it does mean individual parts are made out of sterling & 14k, sometimes it just means gold plating over sterling. It just depends on the manufacturer/quality of the piece.

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Is there any other name or marking in there besides 925 and 14 K? Also it's kind of just like gold layering over top of the silver. I would still put it up on eBay for 3999 or best offer. Or 29 but should be able to get at least $25 out of it. If not more. And if there is a name in there you can probably double that amount.

I would gladly sell it for $30 lol

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes it does mean individual parts are made out of sterling & 14k, sometimes it just means gold plating over sterling. It just depends on the manufacturer/quality of the piece.

The inside of the bad is fairly worn
To the point "sterling" is nearly gone
That's why I didn't think it was plated. But who knows

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Which part is gold? If you can see gold on the inside, then it is probably gold and silver. I have a lot of pieces like that.

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
The inside is still gold
Not showing any silver even through the wear
So I'm not sure

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I put it on eBay. I started it at $5. Kinda silly. Wouldn't be worth the trouble if no one bids it up.
I have one person watching it but that's all.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The inside is still gold
Not showing any silver even through the wear
So I'm not sure

I've sold things for less, just to get the ratings and because I did not need the item but thought others may. Sold a bunch of lapidary items for $.99. Probably about $30 worth of stuff. Got great feedback.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has not worked well for me ... I have won two lately I really didn't want. One I was shocked it didn't go higher, the 2nd was a neighbor about 7 houses away. Bid on his thing thinking he would get all excited since he is just starting out... Well, I won it.. He didn't notice the address and mailed it out! I left him + feedback then wore the shirt to his house that night for dinner... He said man I just sold a shirt like that not too long ago. LOL I said I know, you mailed it to my po box!!

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has not worked well for me ... I have won two lately I really didn't want. One I was shocked it didn't go higher, the 2nd was a neighbor about 7 houses away. Bid on his thing thinking he would get all excited since he is just starting out... Well, I won it.. He didn't notice the address and mailed it out! I left him + feedback then wore the shirt to his house that night for dinner... He said man I just sold a shirt like that not too long ago. LOL I said I know, you mailed it to my po box!!

Priceless. ..assuming he did not charge you for dinner, take the cost of the shirt as the cost of dinner.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found your listing on eBay. You only have one picture. Buyers want pictures and you are allowed to put 12 photos on the listings. Why not put close-up of the hearts and the stamps inside the ring. Show any wear areas etc. Think about when you bought that ring for $3, did you pick it up and look at the markings inside etc? The buyers on eBay need photos because they cannot pick it up and look. Sorry, not trying to be mean but I just get so frustrated when I'm searching ebay and there's only one photo.

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Ahh fair enough. I'll have to add more pictures (if I can??)

That was my first ebay posting. Ever.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread