$10,000 in Gold Jewelry & Coins

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video! Good job saving it all too. I've had to scrap a lot of the stuff I have found over the years, but have kept some of the better items. Thanks for sharing!!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes after putting that video up you might hear from the IRS..

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes after putting that video up you might hear from the IRS..

If he hasn't sold any of it yet, than he hasn't realized a gain on his investment, and no tax is owed.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Considering the stupid cuts to the IRS in the last few years, I doubt they have time to check Ebay, and so on for sales under $20,000 (the reporting threshold), much less surfing YouTube looking for a few thousand is gold. Every dollar spent in enforcement brings in $6 of additional revenue. Yep, lets cut them...

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Considering the stupid cuts to the IRS in the last few years, I doubt they have time to check Ebay, and so on for sales under $20,000 (the reporting threshold), much less surfing YouTube looking for a few thousand is gold. Every dollar spent in enforcement brings in $6 of additional revenue. Yep, lets cut them...

They dont have to,its all automatically done for them,isnt that a kick in the you know what.Google "Fusion Centers":laughing9:

OP
OP

1treasurehunter1

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett Sea Hunter MK2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video! Good job saving it all too. I've had to scrap a lot of the stuff I have found over the years, but have kept some of the better items. Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the video!

OP
OP

1treasurehunter1

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If he hasn't sold any of it yet, than he hasn't realized a gain on his investment, and no tax is owed.

Never gonna sell it anyway. Keeping it all as a hedge.

OP
OP

1treasurehunter1

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smart idea. It never hurts to have a little something put aside for a rainy day. Great job finding all that! :)

Thank you! I actually found some more today. 1.67 grams of 22k and 1.28 grams of 14k. Not much but only paid $2. It all adds up over time.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've spent the last hour watching YouTube videos of jewelry people that have found jewelry at yard sales. 95% of them have totally sucked so I had to watch yours again! I just want to share two of my favorites that I have found and kept. Both are 18 karat gold women's watches. The first one the thicker of the two I paid $5 for. the second one I paid $400 for. Which I have online. Probably too much but I'm not to worried! Happy hunting!

image-1729527469.jpg

image-125937119.jpg

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other

I thought we didn't talk politics here. :icon_scratch:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP

1treasurehunter1

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've spent the last hour watching YouTube videos of jewelry people that have found jewelry at yard sales. 95% of them have totally sucked so I had to watch yours again! I just want to share two of my favorites that I have found and kept. Both are 18 karat gold women's watches. The first one the thicker of the two I paid $5 for. the second one I paid $400 for. Which I have online. Probably too much but I'm not to worried! Happy hunting!

View attachment 1160499

View attachment 1160500

I'm glad you enjoy my video! I'll be uploading a Silver one soon. Those are nice watches! I haven't found any gold watches yet, hopefully I will soon one day.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
"...I doubt they have time to check Ebay, and so on for sales under $20,000 (the reporting threshold), much less surfing YouTube looking for a few thousand is gold."

Regarding the above portion of the post, I agree with you, Treasure Hunter. That portion is on topic. However, the following portions of the post are political opinion:

"Considering the stupid cuts to the IRS in the last few years..."

"Every dollar spent in enforcement brings in $6 of additional revenue. Yep, lets cut them..."

One of the reasons I like this forum so much is the absence of politics. Political commentary (especially the snide and sarcastic variety) seems to permeate everything these days. Such talk is refreshingly absent here. I hope it remains that way.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread