Watch help, seiko

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this watch in a box full of other watches. It is broken the hands have fallen off and the dial does not turn. I have it listed at $.99 auction. I just got an email asking if I would except $100 for it. What makes us watch so special? Model number is 7559–600H.

image-4157914321.jpg

image-1045462874.jpg

I paid $10 for a box of about 40 of them. And have sold so far for over $250! Not including this one.

jochart

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you hit the jackpot on this one, hopefully your jeweler can put the original hands back on and it will be a simple fix.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the title wrong on that watch because I didn't know what it was. If that guy would not have said anything I bet he would've got that watch pretty cheap probably less than $100. Once they start emailing though it makes you question what do I not know about this thing because I figured broken how it was it was worth like 25 bucks. I would've never known had he not emailed me. I almost sent him an offer for $100 to buy it until I did a vintage watch search sold highest first! It will probably be online if I can get it fixed for about $900 or best offer. (I need that sale im buying a bunch of coins back from my mother that I sold her a couple years ago she does not want them)

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I took it to the watch repair guy and it is definitely a parts watch. The back does not match arms are broken off. There's rust on the inside of it. In the dial needs replaced as well along with the gaskets. He offered me 200 for it but I'm going to try to get 300 instead. If not I'll probably just put online trying to auction that but... Well see. I can imagine selling it online and somebody complaining that it's complete junk I don't know. Watches are not my specialty by far

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd take $200 cash from the watch guy. Hands snapped off, missing back, rusty inside... sounds like a several hundred $ repair job. You might be able to squeeze an extra $100 out of ebay, but after I few years of doing this I have developed a "take the money and run" mentality on broken items.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd take $200 cash from the watch guy. Hands snapped off, missing back, rusty inside... sounds like a several hundred $ repair job. You might be able to squeeze an extra $100 out of ebay, but after I few years of doing this I have developed a "take the money and run" mentality on broken items.

I did. He said he wasn't going to restore it but more than likely he will part it out. I don't know how to part out a watch, it goes as is... so it is his. so I saw that today yesterday was a diamond ring for $250 so I am happy with that. I paid $10 for the box of watches and so far I've made $450 out of it. One watch sold on Bonanza so I didn't have nearly as many fees as eBay.

The other one is a really nice Tommy Hilfiger I might keep that. And then I have some others on auction right now. if they were gold I probably would've kept It but I don't need the watches. If he can make some money off of it good he has the ability to do it the right way.

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beachkid, I think you may have jumped the gun selling for $200. I would have talked to Seiko first. They must have a warranty on their products and may have gotten the watch repaired for free. Then you would have had a manufacturer refurbished watch that you could have gotten $700+ for.

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beachkid, I think you may have jumped the gun selling for $200. I would have talked to Seiko first. They must have a warranty on their products and may have gotten the watch repaired for free. Then you would have had a manufacturer refurbished watch that you could have gotten $700+ for.

Maybe worth a phone call, but sounds like a long shot as far as actually getting an obscure old model repaired. They might've offered a nice new one if they were feeling generous, but I kind of doubt they'd go that far, at least without keeping the old one.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Beach, this is so helpful. I actually was going through my watches today. I tossed a bunch of Seikos and Casios into a lot. Now I'm pulling them out and checking them one by one. I wonder how many others I've given away.

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow !!! Makes me wonder what my old Seiko Calculator watch from 1981 is worth now. It has little tiny buttons as the key board.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed, I've sold early 80s LCDs in the $100. - $200. range a a few times now. Still a lot of folks out there after that early eighties tech stuff. Calculator watches of that era are good sellers. Its that watch you wished you had back in those times.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know but in a way I wanted to list it on eBay but also I have so much other stuff sitting I just need to move some things out. If it was working and did not have a lot of problems with it I would've listed it for sure. But being so in such bad shape I'm happy with the $200.

He did offer me like 1300 for the gold one I have. Said he would've paid more but they're having a baby. I did not sell that one though. I don't know if Innoway he was a piece of junk to me and I'd rather get my money and move onto the next thing at least something I feel more better selling or something him more familiar with. There will be more and there will be better ones so I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Plus my mom said she's coming down this week for 10 days to visit so that gave me a little extra spending money because she likes to yard sale and thrift store more than I do!! She's the one who taught me a lot about all of this so I really enjoy getting to go out there with her. However she does not like getting up at 6 o'clock in the morning to go. I'll be pulling her out of bed!!

Oh one of the reason I decided to sell it to him is because I took out one of those loans through PayPal working capital and chose to do 15% on payments. So I lose 30% right off the top so the cash was the better deal than I thought. But that loan I took out on February 20 and have two thirds of it paid back already. And I have not spent very much of the loan at all I probably didn't need it though. I thought I would but I'm sitting here waiting hoping I get the opportunity for a larger purchase. Which I have 40+ Morgan's headed my way this Friday... Part of my grandparents estate but they need the money for my grandfather so I'm going to buy them instead of them selling them. There's a lot more than that but none of that will be disclosed on here :)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread