Split it up or sell as is?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a 10K charm bracelet and the bracelet itself is 10K and most of the charms are 10 K as well but there are some 14 K as well. There are 19 charms on it. 60 grams in weight. So should I sell as is? Or split it up?

image-1771593995.jpg

image-2684314953.jpg

image-3441193399.jpg

image-3847767918.jpg

image-4120625133.jpg

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe take the 14k charms off and sell them individually?? Space out the ones left on there evenly and sell as a charm bracelet with the charms. It's very cool BTW

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would ask how you plan on selling it? Auction or BIN? If BIN, keep it as is but weigh the 14k charms separately and list the weight of both the 10k and the 14k respectively. I don't think I would sell it at auction at the moment, you would probably be lucky to get scrap price before the eBay fees.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking about doing all the charms separately and the bracelet separate buy it now or best offer. I've never had a gold charm bracelet that I've sold well maybe that's not true I did sell one but all the charms moved or they all had real gemstones in them. And were super old. Plus all the other ones were 14 K this one's mostly 10k. But I wanted to see if anyone else has had any luck with them and how you sold them? Thanks !!

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold one but every charm was very personal so it was sold for gold weight. The charms consisted of a mini Torah, bat/bar mitzvah milestones and births in the family. Nothing that was really "universal" that could be sold to somebody else. There were a some other charms but i don't remember what they were but I do remember the bulk. It was 5+ ounces of 18k!! That bracelet was enormous and probably the reason why it wasn't never worn.

It's really hard to find something like that but I was in a really nice area above Beverly Hills, in a older home with lots of nice, expensive objects and I purchased it on the 3rd day of the sale for less then 14k melt with a discount for being a frequent shopper.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold one but every charm was very personal so it was sold for gold weight. The charms consisted of a mini Torah, bat/bar mitzvah milestones and births in the family. Nothing that was really "universal" that could be sold to somebody else. There were a some other charms but i don't remember what they were but I do remember the bulk. It was 5+ ounces of 18k!! That bracelet was enormous and probably the reason why it wasn't never worn. It's really hard to find something like that but I was in a really nice area above Beverly Hills, in a older home with lots of nice, expensive objects and I purchased it on the 3rd day of the sale for less then 14k melt with a discount for being a frequent shopper.

Nice! That's a huge chunk of gold !!

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Justin, I one time got a 14K charm bracelet. That I broke up. I sold the charms for like $30 a piece, and the starter bracelet went for almost $400. (This was in Jan.) I would think about splitting it all up. I find that when you do lots, you move stuff faster, but don't get what you think you should. More time and effort, but I think you will make a lot more. It's a cool bracelet!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I would take a different approach:

Look up each charm to see if any are more "in demand" than others. Some of them are going to be too generic or too personal to have much value to someone else. Keep and sell any that are worth significantly more than scrap.

Then scrap the rest.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would take a different approach: Look up each charm to see if any are more "in demand" than others. Some of them are going to be too generic or too personal to have much value to someone else. Keep and sell any that are worth significantly more than scrap. Then scrap the rest.

This is what I did. Some of them look like they should sell for about $82- $150. If they were 14 K probably double that but they're not. not sure on the bracelet yet but I'll get that up last. Thank you very much for your input. I'll update the thread if anything actually sells over spot or not! Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread