LONG TIME No Post - 14KT Belt Buckle??

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started a new job and haven't been posting bc I'm too busy with work and travel. I've also not been going thrifting much anymore either. Who needs thrift store when it's yard sale season!!

I couldn't NOT share this with you guys.

Another place to check for gold - belt buckles? Yes, belt buckles.

I almost couldn't believe my eyes when I flipped this beauty over and saw "14KT"!!! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432908117.120676.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432908132.453638.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432908143.620975.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always check for silver ones but never thought it would ever see a gold one. And that's amazing

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, awesome find! I've missed you. I found a gold slider for you a while back, but Beachkid said it was broken and not worth what they were asking.

So how much did you pay for this "little" sucker? Was it on the belt, or just by itself? Congrats on a super duper awesome find.

OP
OP
mjm579

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, awesome find! I've missed you. I found a gold slider for you a while back, but Beachkid said it was broken and not worth what they were asking.

So how much did you pay for this "little" sucker? Was it on the belt, or just by itself? Congrats on a super duper awesome find.

It was attached to a brown cowhide leather belt. $1. I simply couldn't believe my eyes!!

My gold guy bought it for $345. He treats me good and has way undercharged me for jewelry repairs in the past, so I'm good with ~60% of scrap.

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... If that's good treatment jewelry repairs ought to be free.

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get 80-85% from my LCS, which is definitely better than anywhere else I could go in town. It's funny because every once in a while my boyfriend will go in to sell something for me, they definitely know that he's my boyfriend, and he gets 70-75%, tops. Honestly 60% isn't terrible if you have a good working/reciprocal relationship with him especially considering that (IMO of course) this thing is butt-ugly (and personalized to boot). Generally large chunks of gold like this have decent marketability but this piece not so much. I'd also have chosen a quick flip over selling it on eBay for 80-90% of scrap and having to deal with fees, listing, shipping etc.

Last edited:

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing! I've known of luxury companies making high quality belt buckles out of solid gold, but I've honestly never seen one in real life. Your heart must have skipped more than a few beats when you saw that beauty! :treasurechest::thumbsup:

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
My guy also gives me about 80%. I've sold to Beachkid before too. You could trust him.

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sell at 91% or don't sell. I never have to argue with the shop that buys it over prices. His are clearly posted for everyone to see on a big flat screen.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I still think you did very well. $344 profit for a $1 investment? I wish all mine would be that great!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread