Yesterday we came home with...

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
... a bunch of stuff from an estate auction including:

DSC06402.JPG
Probably the big score of the day is this large pile of Minolta photo equipment. I paid $45 for all of this stuff including that monster 800mm telephoto lens. That one lens should sell for about $200. Unfortunately, it is a Vivitar lens. If that were a Nikon, Canon, or even a Minolta Rokkor, it would be worth probably three times that. The bad news is, the rest of the lenses (save one) have mold damage on the inside making them virtually worthless. That's a shame because there are three other lenses that together might have brought another $200 or so if they had been in good shape. The other lens should sell for about $40 and the collection of filters, extender tubes, and other accessories should sell for another $40 bucks. So, I'm hoping to clear at least a $200 profit on the photo gear.

DSC06409.JPG DSC06410.JPG
An Omega photographic enlarger in the original box. Paid $10 for it. I'm not sure exactly what model this is but even the low end ones sell for about $50. I was hesitant about buying it at first because of its size (and therefore difficult to pack) but the fact that it came with the perfect shipping container convinced me it was worth it.

DSC06404.JPG
This old Apple IIe computer with the dual 5.25" floppy drive should sell for around $100. I paid $10 for it. It would be worth a lot more if I could demonstrate that it actually works. All I know for sure is that both units power up

DSC06403.JPG
I bought the hookah for $65 which is probably too much. I'll be delighted if I can get $100 for it. The fact that I don't think it has ever been used and that it has a case in great condition might help push the value up some. My wife bought the two crystal vases for $5 each. They aren't worth a whole lot but she is going to keep them as decorator items for the house anyway. I really like the art deco style Mikasa one.

DSC06406.JPG DSC06408.JPG DSC06412.JPG
These items were a happy accident. My wife was watching the bidding on one of the "choice" tables and hoping to get an item for $5. She didn't hear the auctioneer say that they were selling the remaining contents of the table for one money. When they opened the bidding, my wife was first in with a $5 bid and nobody wanted to spend $10 so she bought all of the items above (plus some other junk I don't have pics of) for $5. I haven't tested the nailer yet but, if it works, it should bring about $20. Same for the shoe shine box. The old rug beaters might bring as much as $40.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saw this thread. Big load of stuff there. You might do better than you think on those old rug beaters. rug beater | eBay The hookah, I would have passed on myself. For some reason I never give them a second look. The camera equipment is out of my league too.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at a place recently that had a ton of camera stuff, but I am always wary of getting burned due to my lack of knowledge on the subject. Looks like you had a profitable day though, makes me want to get out there!

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Seller threw these in for free after I purchased (2) of his bigger items. Out of my League so I listed them for 0.99 as is. No interest on ebay. $_57 (10).JPG

OP
OP
T

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
The Brownies and Instamatics are pretty much worthless. They were low end, snapshot cameras to begin with and there were millions of them produced so there is basically no market for them today. The good quality Japanese (Nikon, Canon, Minolta, etc.) lenses and accessories for 35mm cameras are a very different story. People still use them today. The main thing you need to look out for are mold, chips or scratches on the glass.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread