Tiffany and Co Sterling Jewelry Motorcyle Belt Buckle and Book

theegypt

Greenie
Dec 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a good find today that I wanted to share and also wanted to get your opinion on the other jewelry I picked up. I just recently got back in to yardsaling and am trying to expand the categories of things I look for. One of those areas is jewelry. I have a background with precious metals and coins but my knowledge of jewelry is limited to knowing to look for purity marks. So today there was a neighborhood sale that started at 7 and I got there about that time. At the second house I came up on a box of jewelry that was in bags marked 10 to 50 cents per bag. I was checking out a few pieces and noticed a bangle that caught my eye. I examined it, noticed the 925 mark and knew it was a definite pick up. With everything being so cheap and having found the bangle in the lot, I decided just to pick up the whole box for $4. It wasnt until a few hours later when I was looking over my picks did I notice the bangle was from Tiffany and Co! The only other purity mark I noticed was a 925 on the clasp of the necklace which I marked with a "1" in the picture. What do you guys think about the rest of the jewelry? Anything else desirable? Do you recognize the name on the butterfly pin? I also picked up a motorcycle belt buckle at another yard sale that I thought was cool. Picked it up for $3 and I'll probably just keep it for awhile. Last thing I got was a nice looking copy of Grimms Fairy Tales for 50 cents that I will keep as well.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    445.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    572 KB · Views: 101
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    529.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    494.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    636.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    559.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    529.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    849.3 KB · Views: 94

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tiffany would be a major score if it is real. I would have it checked out. The color just doesn't look right to me. The rest of the jewelry looks very marketable. For four bucks you did well.

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess is fake on the bracelet. The lettering seems off directionally and the imprint is uneven across. Anthing made by Tiffany would be perfect. Also. I think there is some wear on the sides of the mark that shows the plating. A simple acid test would be the first step. If you don't have your own, then take it to a pawn shop and they will be able to tell you for free.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The butterfly pin is Sarah Coventry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread