Would you do this?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two weeks ago I went to a yard sale and bought a lot of Harley Davidson clothing. There were vests, T-shirts, jackets, I picked out what I thought was the better and then (I somehow ended up helping the couple move a dresser and two night stands into their house... ) but besides that I'm going out tomorrow with my kids to a couple yard sales but I'm thinking about going to this guys house instead and knocking on his door and asking if he has anything left? When I went to his house on Friday I spent $50 and bought 22 Harley Davidson pieces. I have sold one for 65, one for $14 and one for $46. He said he still had several boxes full in his garage. If you did not know the guy on a first name basis and he wasn't having a yard sale would you go knock on his door and ask him if he wants to sell the rest? I'm thinking about doing it tomorrow...

To give me an idea this guys house is huge and he had two airplanes in his garage and then the other side of his garage had three cars and a yellow h2 hummer.

Not all of them are harley brand but here's a couple quick pictures of what I bought.

image-3549009713.jpg

image-3406134888.jpg

image-3406943985.jpg

image-2871729084.jpg

image-1980251142.jpg

image-565047190.jpg

Sand-duner

Nov 24, 2009
Sequim, WA
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buy everything you can. Anything with the H-D slapped on it is almost always worth at least a few bucks to someone, especially the eBay crowd and swap meet junkies.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would respect his privacy.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well yea. Knock on the door. Don't just walk in.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
I agree with Golddog - knock on the door - all they could say is they have nothing else OR you might just hit the monther load! Let us know how it goes...

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you do go up to his door, take one of your kids, it usually puts people at ease when approached by someone they don't know well. Good Luck!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see why not? You helped him move furniture.. You two are practically brothers now.

Lol. It was heavy as crap too. It was an antique 10 ft dresser. I woke up not feeling so hot. Maybe tomorrow I'll go. Gonna get kids to daycare then back to bed I think!

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get knocking. At least you have met him before. When we knock to get permission to metal detect we are total strangers

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Yes.. Anything licensed by HD is expensive. Example, the Smoky Mountain Harley t-shirt was likely around $30 bucks new. Ridiculous for sure but it is what it is

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go for it. If he has Vintage HD stuff you could hit the jackpot. I have no problem selling 80's harley tees for $50 plus. Also if they are beat up they are still valuable, just put "distressed" in the listing title. Sometimes they go for more then perfect ones!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutly go a knockin. If I didn't do that I never would have ended up buying over 600 pounds of jewelry from the same guy (over a 2 year period)
Will be selling some tomorrow.

Attachments

• JUNK.03.jpg
    JUNK.03.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 395

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would. And...if you find any 3X tell me when you put 'em on ebay!:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would. And...if you find any 3X tell me when you put 'em on ebay!:icon_thumright:

Alright I will let you know. He had mostly large and extra-large which is good because I don't know very many little bikers. He said he had a T-shirt shop or business so he used to put patches on stuff but he did really good. But there was a large amount of Harley Davidson brand items to.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey if buying and selling is your thing knock.
At least you are offering him a possibility of sales/ money rather than you trying to sell him something, and he was looking to sell.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
One last suggestion ... Take a card or something with your information printed on it. Just remind you already got some stuff. I would say, if and when you are interested in selling more, here is my contact info. If you are interested now, I have some time .....

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree to go knock on his' door and see if he is willing to sell the other biker stuff! You never know, he might have a lot of other stuff that he never mentioned before and will be willing to sell this stuff cheap as well. If he ever mentions wanting to sell one or both of his' planes, tell him that you can sell them on eBay for him. If he pays all of the fees and a small commission to you, then it will likely be a win...win for both of you!

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread