Unique scores last week

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! Great score on that model. I bet you have a Japanese buyer. One of my best buys was a toy truck made in Japan. It was purchased by one of those outfits that bids for overseas buyers (I won't ship overseas) and re-ships it to them. There seems to be some toy collectors over there that will pay BIG money for the right toy.

OP
OP
Punatic

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup you nailed it...a buyer from Japan. Paid last night and I will ship tomorrow, happy day!

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
Unbelievable - congrats! I think one thing that was a factor, though certainly not the main factor, I would guess, is that it is motorized.

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
Well, I guess the motor does make a difference as most of those pictures on that blog page or motorized. Note to self, learn Japanese, lol. Funny, the other day I bought a new in box Tamiya jeep kit, but ebay prices are no where near that.

Another thing I find interesting is that it destroys a myth I had about model kits, even vintage, needing to be parts sealed to be worth anything.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats, Punatic! I'm happy for you. banana020.gif It sure is a lot of fun to pick up a great score like that. I just wish it would happen for me more often!

OP
OP
Punatic

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys, Yes it is the highest sold toys model by a few hundred dollars. He also asked if I had any more and had big money to spend if I did!

Doubt I'll see another score like that maybe ever!

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I LOVE these kinds of models and this just blows me away.

OP
OP
Punatic

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread