diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Start calling you the Fan Man! All the fans you've found over the years up there. That Vornado looks in pretty good shape. Does it have the model number on it?

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes - label on bottom - b24c1-1
I love Vornados

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Living here in Florida, as hot as it always is, I'm surprised I don't see old fans more often. Heck for that matter, I rarely see old fans at all. The last one I saw wasn't worth buying because it was toasted.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mojjax, do you know how to replace the cords on old fans? I have several fans that don't have cords, I couldn't let them get thrown away but I have no idea how to repair them. Is that within your realm of knowledge?

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes , I replace cords all the time . When I get the motor and switch box apart , I always take a picture of the wiring before I undo anything and I mark the wires with colored magic markers . I need to replace the short cord that goes from the switch to the motor on this Vornado .

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mojjax,

While you so close to the motor bearings while rewiring power cords and switches, try something that has worked great for me. On motor bearings that are not damaged or have not overheated and started to come apart, I use an old Vet syringe and draw directly from a quart bottle of motor additive called "Dura Lube". If you'll soak the bearings as much as you can, spin the fan/motor shaft, then add a bit more, the bearings will last far past any other problem you'll have....

I oil my bath vent fans' bearings, the top and bottom "sealed for life" bearings of my outside A/C compressor unit's cooling fan, bearings for my foreign made 8" dual stone grinder, my Ole-Tyme Hunter ceiling fans that have the 2 oz. oil reservoir,+ and any sleeve or ball bearing I can get oil into. I also use it in my lawn equipment engines and on the chipper bearings of a 10hp chipper/shredder, as well as my V-8 F-150.... ;>)

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread