billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a Leggo's wooden child's table with a small drawer on the side and Leggo's base plates as the top for $5. Then, for $10, a plastic storage case/drawer filled with Leggo's, the little robo-guys, along with some worn building pamphlets with 2002 copyrights and another with a Harry Potter theme.

What does one look for in the world of collectible Leggo's themes or building parts?

Thanks for the help,
Bill

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sets.. If there is a box, or the books and they are separated by set that that is good. I am not an expert in them though. I had really good luck with one and sold it for $1200 but normally I just sell them buy weight. With the lil dudes separate. Sealed in the box is good too.

OP
OP
billjustbill

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sets.. If there is a box, or the books and they are separated by set that that is good. I am not an expert in them though. I had really good luck with one and sold it for $1200 but normally I just sell them buy weight. With the lil dudes separate. Sealed in the box is good too.

Thanks for sharing your experience! If sold by weight, what's a starting point per pound?

Bill

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think my last one was $40 for 7 lbs. May have been to cheap, but the whole box was $5. And have another 12 lbs left from that first box.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What Beachkid said. Minifigures are what sell. Starwars are the #1 LEGO to find. Always buy in bulk. Don't pay a lot for them, some sellers are looking to get back their money they invested and once the box is open it looses value. I have some for sell now but someone complained about showing ebay listings on here and since I am not a charter member I won't show the link. However you can look up seller norman1809. I am selling 5 lbs loose block LEGOs for $27.00 does not include shipping. Not trying to sell here, just answering a question.

Last edited:

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Just bought a HUGE collection myself for $70 (two plastic bins full) and I'm enjoying going through them!

If you want to maximize your profit, sets always sell well. Making them from a huge tub though may be too time consuming or impossible if no instructions came with them. Otherwise, as others have already mentioned, the mini-figures will sell (some individually or otherwise grouped together). Next, you may want to look for any "base" pieces (base of a boat, a train or even just a large base piece) and those can sometimes sell well individually. Finally, anything left I'd just sell in bulk.

theegypt

Greenie
Dec 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harry Potter is one of the better themes for Lego. First I would seperate all the mini figures. A few of the Harry Potter mini figs can sell for upwards of $50, so I would try to identify if you have any valuable mini figs and you might want to sell those individually. If you want to post a picture of the mini figs I would be happy to tell you if you have any valuable ones. Bulk lego sells for maybe around $5 per pound on ebay, but if you have a bulk lego lot of harry potter lego, that will go for considerably more. What I would do is check the mini figs to see if you have any valuable ones, then sell the rest as a lot. When taking pictures take a few minutes to seperate out the mini figs, and any "special pieces". Special pieces would be any printed bricks (a brick with a printed on graphic) or any bricks with stickers on them. Be sure to photograph those separetly so potential buyers can get an idea of what sets may be in your lot. If you have the instruction booklets, be sure to mention and photograph those as well. Keywords would be Lego, Harry Potter, Mini Figures, Figs

OP
OP
billjustbill

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the mini-figures info, too. Last year I ran across 1/2 a baggie of mini-figures mixed in with some metal Hot Wheels toys. They seemed old. Is there a source to know how much Lego figures are worth?

Thanks again,
Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread