OP
OP
C

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please disregard the red tag it is from a primus 96 stove I found at same place new in tin from stockholm.

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rug ! Can you post a picture of the stove ?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know much about Native American rugs but I remember hearing that Navajo rugs are often a mirror image from one side to the other/ top to bottom. Is this piece hand woven? Natural fiber?

OP
OP
C

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know much about Native American rugs but I remember hearing that Navajo rugs are often a mirror image from one side to the other/ top to bottom. Is this piece hand woven? Natural fiber?

Yes it is I looked up Navajo rugs and most do not seem to have a fringe so I was leaning away from Navajo.

OP
OP
C

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Primos 96 L stove brand new w tin instructions and cardboard box can anyone date or give me an idea on value?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a lot of information out there about these stoves. I've got a Primus No. 51 myself. I forget what year it was made though. Your stove has been around since WW1 at least. From 1911 Primus paraffin stoves are stamped with a letter code. This is found under the tank. The codes Q & AQ are not used. From 1955 a six digit number was used, the last two digits corresponding to the year. This stamp is often found on the leg or burner riser tube depending on model.
With regard to the later 6 digit date code it would appear that post-1963 the code may have been continued but stamped on the cardboard box rather than the stove. Your box appears to be older than 1963.

chart.gif

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had the pleasure of framing and hanging several Native American rugs (one with fringe) and installing them on stair cases............from my experience, it is Navajo........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread