Lunch on me everyone

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....if you can please help me identify this artist! The beautiful........I scored it today late in the morning around 11am at a garage sale a few blocks from where I work. As I'm approaching the sale, the painting instinctively caught my eye! What really floored me was the $5 sticker on it. The details are superb, from the American Indians on their horses, their clothing, their feathers, hats, chaps, to their horses and their muscles, manes, position of their legs, ropes, and finally the dogs. What strikes me the most is the American Indians facial expressions. This artist truly captures their emotions, and state of mind.

The challenging part has now become to whom am I to attribute this beautiful work? It is obviously done by a professional to what appears to be a sketch. Frankly the signature is illegible, but hopefully someone may recognize it, or his/her work! Lunch on me to the first person that can give me a name.....paypal money! :-)

P.S. This is actually an "A/P" (artist Proof) which is more collectible than an edition print say 100/250.

RJA

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    538.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    787.9 KB · Views: 126
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    690.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    688.2 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

sandswimmer

Apr 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Xcal Xterra's DF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my first glance at the signature sees William Wilson....

OP
OP
artslinger

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful! A deal is a deal. Please pm your paypal address to send the funds! :) Thank you also to sands and old for your time and participation. I truly and sincerely appreciate it! :)

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
No need. No paypal. If it bugs you there are needy folks around all over...thanks though.
Nice find you scored!

OP
OP
artslinger

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you once again RelevantC! I sincerely appreciate it! My offer for lunch still stands, and so is the suggested charter! I'm not going anywhere, so I will definitely look into becoming a member! :-) This has become a passion or an obsession, or maybe a passionate obsession? :-) Just like all of you, I love the hunt, and one of my mottos is Faith, Hope, and Great Expectations......just like the American Express Card....never leave home without them! :-)

RJA

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
AP is usually better than numbered, but not always. It depends on the artist and what the edition is. Some artists are known for making hundreds if not thousands of AP, while the numbered ones are limited. Salvador Dali was notorious for this, and in fact was still producing AP's years after his death. Apparently he signed thousands of sheets of unprinted paper, that were printed after his death (at least, that's the rumor). AP's can be unlimited, while numbered issues are specific and limited. It is damaging to an Artist's reputation for there to be two "1 of 100," while it is not so bad for there to be 2 "AP of 100"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread