prepare to be jealous

steven332

Jul 1, 2013
millville
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so i went yard sale shopping today and man did i get it good because sometimes all that glitters is not gold it's silver.

went to a yard sale and got this bad boy a penn no.160 reel thing works like a charm. guy asked $20 i got it for $5 ;)

20150801_201149.jpg

after this i went to a yard sale and got an old 10k btu ac for $5 still not bad and hey it works perfect so i will sell/scrap not sure yet. (no pic not that important)

and last but not least ladys and gents i believe i purchased a 1959 Wm. Rogers Mfg. Co. allure silverware set. but i cant find this "exact" set anywhere. no other box i saw has the bottom draw on it (maybe one of you has a link to help thanks ;) and i'm not sure of price yet)

i have a total of 64 pieces but i am unsure if it is complete (but really almost sure its not) i saw a set like this going for 150-180 but once again none of them have the second draw and i have the certificate.

now how much did i pay for this you ask??? a whopping $2. yes two whole dollars. now lets see what can make off this bad boy.

20150801_200932.jpg

20150801_202142.jpg

now i need help with prices and finding out the exact set if anyone can help also pricing with the reel. should i clean it up or no? i typically use never-dull and it does no harm to metals.

reel i would guess 25-50 and the set i have no idea

i would appreciate any input/help i get thanks in advanced

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
< so far managing to avoid jealously

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The flatware was a great find for $2. The vintage Penn reel is something I pass on regularly down here, there's just too many of them around and they aren't particularly valuable. You should remove the old line and polish it up if you are going to sell it.

penn no.160 reel | eBay

rogers allure flatware set | eBay

ps- jeff gordon is the local comedian, he's like a fungus and kind of just grows on you after a while, lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread