jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok so I have not posted in a while but that DOES NOT mean that I am not out picking. I hit the sales every single weekend and any chance I get in between from April til late October. Here are my most recent finds from late June and all of July. I don't have time to list out every single item so PLEASE feel free to ask questions. I am going to just post a slew of pictures and you can see for yourself. Ask questions of you want to know any details about anything.

Not pictured:

-HUNDREDS of vinyl records, several are pretty valuable too (this doesn't include the ones I cherry picked online either)
-JEWELRY: only the recent K gold stuff is pictured, there is POUNDAGE of costume and a large bag of sterling too
-Coins: some silver stuff as well as other coin finds
-Really nice glass panel oak cabinet that is now being used in my family room as a wine cabinet, looks hand made and vintage
-various stuff I use around the house
-various gifts for friends and family

Cost: The most expensive item purchased in this entire span is the coin operated mechanical postage stamp vending machine. Paid $75 for it, which is a bit steep but it was in fantastic condition and I already had a spot for it in my "man cave/hobby room". It also has the original keys for the lock!
I would say, including the postage stamp vending machine, I probably paid $300 for everything pictured plus the stuff listed above but not pictured. It is probably less but a generous maximum estimate is $300.

Attachments

• IMG_4011.JPG
    IMG_4011.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_4013.JPG
    IMG_4013.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_4014.JPG
    IMG_4014.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_4015.JPG
    IMG_4015.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_4016.JPG
    IMG_4016.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_4017.JPG
    IMG_4017.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_4018.JPG
    IMG_4018.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_4019.JPG
    IMG_4019.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_4020.JPG
    IMG_4020.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_4021.JPG
    IMG_4021.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_4022.JPG
    IMG_4022.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_4023.JPG
    IMG_4023.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_4024.JPG
    IMG_4024.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_4025.JPG
    IMG_4025.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_4026.JPG
    IMG_4026.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 148

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I had an older oval version of that Old Pal bucket, got $25 + shipping no problem! great vintage decor item.

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I love the pioneer receiver. I own a similar one and it sounds supurb!

Paid $5 for this beaut! It had a service tag on it from a stereo repair center and extensive work had been performed on it back in the late 90's. It is clean as a whistle. If I didn't already have a fully restored HK 730 already in use, then I would be bumping this Pioneer.

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds! I had an older oval version of that Old Pal bucket, got $25 + shipping no problem! great vintage decor item.

The dude wanted $12 and I offered $8. He acted like I had just punched him in the head. We settled on $9.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great variety of items. Love the stamp machine.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been busy this month and must have missed this post. Nice finds Ben. What is that ribbon medal in the box shown in the first photo? The stamp machine is cool. Is it pink like it appears or is that just the lighting? I haven't been picking in several weeks, it seems longer. The job is done so I'm off this weekend! Do you sell your gold/silver, or are you holding on to most of it like I am?

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Been busy this month and must have missed this post. Nice finds Ben. What is that ribbon medal in the box shown in the first photo? The stamp machine is cool. Is it pink like it appears or is that just the lighting? I haven't been picking in several weeks, it seems longer. The job is done so I'm off this weekend! Do you sell your gold/silver, or are you holding on to most of it like I am?

I don't really sell much. Maybe once per summer I have a yard sale to clear out some old junk.

The stamp machine is white porcelain. It just looks pink due to poor lighting conditions. The ribbon is an "oratory" American Legion medal in sterling with original box. The reverse is engraved "1949 Trenton Contest". That one was cool because I "picked a picker" and somehow scored it for $1. No idea how he missed it.

I have not even posted my best finds, which are mostly LP's. I buy them any chance I get. Lately I have been buying collections. Pretty much a guaranteed score every time.

Ahakunut

Jul 8, 2014
Honolulu, Hi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice group of items! Do you know what the copper/brass pitcher with the porcelain handle is worth? I've found quite a few similar items in my MIL's collection. Thanks!

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you search eBay sold listings under "fireplace coal ash scuttle bucket" you will see the price range.

Ahakunut

Jul 8, 2014
Honolulu, Hi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you search eBay sold listings under "fireplace coal ash scuttle bucket" you will see the price range.

Thanks! I couldn't tell from the picture if it was a pitcher or bucket. I'll check it out.

Hmmm... Just looked at the picture again. That would be one big pitcher!

Last edited:

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Ben and thanks for sharing.

Is it just me or does the picture with the moon and cats look like the moon giving the double bird? Haha What is that by the way?

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like an early postcard.

Yes, it is a "Halloween-related" postcard. I showed it to a postcard collector and he told me I "did very well" with this one. It is postmarked 1906 and addressed to Villa Park, NJ.

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice group of items! Do you know what the copper/brass pitcher with the porcelain handle is worth? I've found quite a few similar items in my MIL's collection. Thanks!

Yes, these are fairly common. I have owned several in the past. They can be used for several purposes.

Although the asking prices on ebay are all over the place, I would say a piece similar to the one pictured above should sell for about $25.

Ahakunut

Jul 8, 2014
Honolulu, Hi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, these are fairly common. I have owned several in the past. They can be used for several purposes.

Although the asking prices on ebay are all over the place, I would say a piece similar to the one pictured above should sell for about $25.

Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions