10k Elks Lapel Pins & Watch Fob

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Picked these up today from a lady who runs estate sales. She was selling for a friend of hers. The lapel pins are marked 10k. The watch fob isn't marked. All 3 tested as 10k. Not sure what I'll do with the fob because of eBay policies.
4042.JPG

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot of so called x rated pictures on ebay. Some do not even have the private parts blacked. List as fob with Elk private parts and photoshop a thick mark to hide what they are. That is how I would do it anyway. Unless I am missing something.

Oh, those are teeth. Never mind.

Last edited:

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe you can sell teeth on eBay but not ivory. They are enamel, not ivory tusks. They are elk teeth right? Nice scores! Are those diamonds?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm. I tried to someone and got my account suspended for three days. Just for a heads up. They are cool but wasn't worth it.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do remember that BK but did eBay think they were ivory pieces? I don't know their policy of teeth but have seen many elk teeth for sale on there. I guess more research on policy is needed.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called and ask them why they pulled it. And they said because the teeth was made out of Ivory which is not true. When I asked how come there was other ones for sale, he said because we can't catch everyone. Really? What a dumb answer. I think it was because I got flagged for and ivory piece before and this one set it off again. Maybe put all three together in the lot? I don't know.

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
The only way I knew there was an issue with the elk teeth was the thread Beachkid started. Definitely not looking to do something that risks my selling account. It would be nice if they had a fair & consistent policy......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread