Another watch - Gruen Veri-thin Pocketwatch

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I typically stay away from watches. Clocks I will buy if they look nice, are old, and dirt cheap.

This one looked good and I was pretty sure it was gold filled. When I saw it worked, I put it in my pile.

Its a pentagon shaped Gruen VERI-THIN which at the time I bought it meant nothing to me. Here's one on ebay that sold recently for $130. Scarce Vintage Gruen Veri Thin Pentagonal Pocket Watch Triple Signed Runs | eBay

Mine seems like it is in much better condition, but the one that sold shows it's back removed.

@Gollum....thanks for the link to the cheap watch tools on the other post. I think I am going to buy them.

Wondering if selling without showing the back will impact price. What do you all think?

IMG_3701.JPG IMG_3708.JPG

I also bought these 2 spoons from the same sale. They are marked 800 and weigh 170g. Lady seemed curious why I wanted the spoons and kept looking at the 800.

IMG_3657.JPG

Got all this and a bunch of other things for $11. I've been on a roll lately.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I'm overdue for a good silver find myself. If I see a watch that has Swiss markings or it's not a battery operated quartz, then I'll buy it. Of course I don't spend much on any of them though because I'm not a watch guy. $5 is pretty much tops for me, a dollar or two is the norm, unless I know it is gold or silver. My best find was a Rolex watch band actually. It sold for over $400, I still have the watch that was attached to it.

attachment.php

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread