Anyone recognize This artist work

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pick this up the other day but can't find anything on it initials really don't help when trying to research does anybody recognize the work or the initials thank you ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439738211.679890.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439738226.584214.jpg

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Fantastic score! Doesn't look familiar!
I did find one artist named C.W.Mundy

Last edited:

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score! I have not seen it, but it's beautiful, and I can definitely say it does appear to be valuable and collectable. Looks vintage 20's-30's? :) Give us the scoup on how you scored it.

P.S. Have you checked it with a loupe to see if it's an original, and not a print? Originals you can see the solid color medium, with a print, you see a dot pattern. Look at an orange very colosely, you see that it has a lot of little dots, that is what a print would reveal. Yours looks like a solid medium. :) All the best!

RJA

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at work Thursday and about lunchtime I decided to go to the estate sale so I was already going to be late to the sale and when I got there there wasn't much left I found a couple of items and as I was fixing the cash out and walk out the door I looked on the wall and seen it I walked over and it look like an original sketch so I asked the lady how much she said she'll take three dollars.

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks to be a childrens book illustration

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I still have no luck may try to find an art dealer here locally and see if they may be able to help me out if not it's a keeper anyway so i'll hang it on my wall with the rest of them thanks for all the help

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread