Fines for today sugar bowl help??

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's some of the fines I got today from an estate sale one of them I'm unsure of the Hallmark if anybody can recognize the Mark I can't seem to make it out it's on a sugar bowl. The goblets are Israel silver goblets and the sugar bowl left in the picture is Tiffany maker date 1919 and the leaf is Tiffany unsure of date. Thanks for looking
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440186001.791738.jpg
Unsure if this paperweight is custom sign or designer signed ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440186055.318422.jpg
This is the sugar bowl I can't make out the mark on ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440186084.699188.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440186098.604670.jpg

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
? Unsure of this one. The closest I can find is one by William B. Durgin. Yours definitely looks like a crescent moon though versus a circled script D.

134durginbis.jpg

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could it be that it was stamped a couple of times and the D is just worn off because it looks like it was stamped at least three times

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure dig hummus nailed it. Did you pay scrap, less or more?

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got it all for 370

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure dig hummus nailed it. Did you pay scrap, less or more?
dig hummus?

cheech.= I think it's possible. I don't think it has been worn off as much as it is just a bad mark in general. It does look like the mark is favored more to one side than the other as if the punch was off center and leaning to one side. That and possible polishing adding to it in it's early life. That's all I can think of. I haven't been able to find anything else this close. Don't know why someone would try to duplicate such an obscure maker mark. The paperweight is very vice looking, probably a studio made piece that was personalized by the artist for the recipients. I recently sold one that was personalized like this by the maker. This iridized, pulled feather design is popular and was/is made by many like Eickholt, Orient & Flume and Vandermark to name a few. I think I have that same Tiffany leaf dish. They come in a couple different sizes. Mine weighs about 4 1/2 ounces. Yours look like the large one as well.

attachment.php

Last edited:

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice haul of silver!! Great job Cheech!!

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Tiffany Leaf is the same 4.11 ounces if I'm not mistaken from what I've seen I believe it's part of a three-piece set. I have the paperweight listed at a start price of 19.99 see what happens. I believe you're right about the sugar bowl dish.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread