1960s Abstract Lee Reynolds painting oil

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1960's Abstract Lee Reynolds painting oil

I found this today at a garage sale! Pretty nice! It's very large at 60"x48" Original Lee Reynolds, I believe it's from the mid 60's due to the aging on the canvas and metal frame! I had to tie it to the roof of my car, as it was way too big for my sedan! It was definitely worth the haul across town! :-)

RJA Lee1.jpg Lee2.jpg Lee3.jpg Lee4.jpg Lee5.jpg

Last edited:

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score! The highest I saw sold on ebay was $399+ $100 shipping. They seem to be listed a lot higher on art and auction websites.

Do you live in an affluent area to find these higher end paintings? It would seem like you would need to live near rich areas to consistently find nice pieces. If I were to focus on artwork, I know there are some higher end areas that I would focus on here.

OP
OP
artslinger

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score! The highest I saw sold on ebay was $399+ $100 shipping. They seem to be listed a lot higher on art and auction websites.

Do you live in an affluent area to find these higher end paintings? It would seem like you would need to live near rich areas to consistently find nice pieces. If I were to focus on artwork, I know there are some higher end areas that I would focus on here.

Thank you, Mkulltra! I do not live in an affluent part of the city, but I do travel a lot in search of scores. My best scores have come from middle income households from 40-50 year old homes. I really don't like to go to higher end neighborhoods because of two reasons. First, everything that they have seems to be new or fairly new, and second, they know what they have due to their affluence for the most part. I also hit a lot of thrift stores on a daily basis. You know the game of numbers...if you don't swing at the ball you'll never hit a homerun! This is a passionate obsession that I really enjoy doing this, so the traveling and searching, which is basically the hunt, is a joy that I look forward to every single time :-)

RJA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread