Not a Bad Part-time Gig! Silver & Gold!

iloveshinythings

May 30, 2015
TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, usually I poke around at sales just to find items that I like, or are interesting. I tend to gravitate towards the shiny things :tongue3:... and art pieces/decorator stuff, but today I figured I'd give it a go for flipping something - so I set aside 40 bucks to see what I could find!

I only made it to one sale before I had to go to my real job (LAME) but I think I did well!

I spent fifteen bucks on a bag of miscellaneous jewelry, I could see a few of the pieces were marked sterling… so I figured why not! I also spent 6 bucks on a pair of 14 K earrings (which I'll probably keep considering I am wearing them right now) :hello2:

What do you think? I found out that one of the pairs of cufflinks in the bag is some kind of fancy sterling something or other that sells for 160.00 on ebay. I'll probably put mine at 120 for a quick sell! There were three necklaces (one with a star of david pendant), a heavy engraved name bracelet, a tie tack, a funny set of silver wire chicken earrings, and second set of cufflinks.

Thoughts?
IMG_0213.JPG IMG_0214.JPG IMG_0215.JPG IMG_0216.JPG

Don't worry. I also bought a cookbook and a painting as well to keep for me (so my usual purchases seem to still be right on track)

HAPPY HUNTING YA'LL. Hope you find winners this weekend!

Last edited:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did fairly well. You can send the cuff links my way.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the bracelet have a date on the backside? Almost looks like a Military Sweetheart bracelet, but maybe not.

OP
OP
iloveshinythings

iloveshinythings

May 30, 2015
TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a Bad Part-time Gig! Silver & Gold!

Hey Diggummup! I've never heard of a military sweetheart bracelet, but there was military memorabilia in the house, and the bracelet is fit for a person with a wrist smaller than mine, which would mean a very petite man or woman.

It's marked Anson Sterling on the back, no date and heavily engraved with the name Frederick Schaefer on the front!

But after digging online It's actually really close to this https://www.etsy.com/listing/198381...id=198381389&gclid=CI2Sqsb40McCFUg8gQodQcULzA,

What do you think? Does it qualify?

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440942534.844393.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440942569.294108.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread