Original watercolor at GWill by Florida artist Loyd Jordan

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The GW is never a place where I think that I'm going to score, since they have their own little eby going, and I know that they watch their donations like hawks! Well, today I had a pretty good score! After work I went to pick up my daughter from school, and shortly thereafter I went on a thrift store run! I went to one GW, then Habitat, then Salvation, then an independent, and finally another GW. I casually walked to the art section of this last one, and looked through one art bin, but nothing! I non-chalantly make my way to the second bin, go through all of the poster or Walmart art, and nothing at all! When I get to the Last painting, I quickly distinguish its high end qualities. I very 007 take out my loupe and confirm that it's a watercolor!

The artwork is beautifully done by a famous Florida watercolorist by the name of Lloyd Jordan. I scan it for a price and it says $9.99. I don't hesitate, take it to the register, the young girls sees it, notices some nicks on the frame, and without thinking twice I asked her if I may have a discount. She looks at the frame again, tells me that with the discount I will not be able to return it, and charges me $6.35 for it. I quickly pay and bring it home with me. I really like it, it is done with exquisite details throughout. Let me know what you think! All the best, thanks!

Size 28 3/4" Long by 20" high

RJA LJ1.jpg LJ2.jpg LJ3.jpg LJ4.jpg LJ5.jpg LJ6.jpg LJ7.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting