White Gold Butterfly Hallmark Help

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Not exactly a garage sale. A friend of mine got me in touch with a woman who had inherited an estate & she let me check things out before she had her sale. I picked up this white gold butterfly & need some hallmark help. The 585 is pretty clear but my old eyes can't tell what the makers mark is. Hope these pics are good enough for someone else to identify.

4309.JPG 4311.jpg 4312.jpg 4313.JPG

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not much help either it's pretty hard find a maker marks on gold from my experience in less that somebody pretty common. That's a very pretty piece though I'm sure you will do well with that one! Thank you for sharing it maybe someone else here will know!

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful! Sorry, no help on the mark though. Hard to see clearly in pics. Maybe a "w"?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does tha mark look like to you? I can't quite see it. To me it looks like 2 letters next to one another (S+?) in the shape of a diamond.

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
What does tha mark look like to you? I can't quite see it. To me it looks like 2 letters next to one another (S+?) in the shape of a diamond.

I can't quite see it either. Definitely something in the shape of a diamond. When I posted I was thinking possibly SS. Not so sure anymore. Darn thing is TINY. Those pictures are taken with the macro setting through a 10x loupe from less than 2" away.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't quite see it either. Definitely something in the shape of a diamond. When I posted I was thinking possibly SS. Not so sure anymore. Darn thing is TINY. Those pictures are taken with the macro setting through a 10x loupe from less than 2" away.

Maybe try it with no flash in mid light at different angles so the natural light hits the mark differently each photo. You'll be able to get it. It's there, just not clear and a bit washed out. [emoji4]

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
No flash on any of those pics. I know the limits of the camera & my ability. Pics aren't getting any better than that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions