2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you mom purchase absolutly everything from this estate?
If so check out the attic and under the house and the rafters in the garage.
Look for hiding spots.
If they had the money (remember, no kids) to invest in art they may have bought other things too.
Remember they could have hid cash anywhere, like behind the art work.

A friend of mine is an exterminator and he was up in the attic of a customers house and found a bag of jewelry under the fiberglass insulation. (The customer put it up there before a vacation and forgot all about it.) He took it down to the owner and they started talking treasure hunting. My buddy got the homeowner/customer interested in metal detecting. Now they are both in my MD club and have been for years.

Fun story! This is their second house. Don't think there's an attic. Will check rafters. Checking all the framed work though. Lol. BTW, she purchased everything except one painting, antique secretary desk and a 20 gal crock. They don't have kids and the niece doesn't have time to deal with things and lives in a different state.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fun story! This is their second house. Don't think there's an attic. Will check rafters. Checking all the framed work though. Lol. BTW, she purchased everything except one painting, antique secretary desk and a 20 gal crock. They don't have kids and the niece doesn't have time to deal with things and lives in a different state.
Metal detect the yard yet?

OP
OP
2Minnesota

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE: This print sold for $125 on the last day of the sale when just about everything was half priced at the sale. The spur went early at $5. Sir Gallahad went for $175.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh sheesh just saw this post is old...
That spur ... and print...
Both worth a few bucks more...

conquistador spur... 5 bucks ? ? ? -- I would have loved to gone to your sale.

OP
OP
2Minnesota

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish you could've came to the sale too. Lots of cool old stuff. You can't hold on to everything. This place needed to be cleaned out in two weeks. We put fair prices on stuff so it would move and still made plenty of money to pay very nicely for everyone's time worked. We are talking a whole house full of stuff to move in two weeks, not a bag or two of stuff picked at a sale. It was fun, I'd do it again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions