Some kind of vase?

giniro

Jan 14, 2013
Columbus, OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked this up late in the day on the third day of a barn sale, couldn't believe it was still there. Paid $10, it's about 15 cm tall and weighs about 6 ounces. I couldn't get very good pictures but the marks are there. 800, then a crescent moon and crown, then GR. Now I've gathered so far that the moon and crown are the marks for Germany and 800 obviously is 80% silver. The things I haven't been able to figure out are 1) who made it, who is GR? and 2) what exactly is it?

I've uploaded some pics here German silver - Album on Imgur if anyone can help me out as to who made it or what this style of vase(?) or whatever this is, is called I would greatly appreciate it.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some words to describe could include repousse and multi-fluted. If it's 800 Sterling and German don't use the words "German silver" together. German silver has no real silver in it. It's a cool vase!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unusual vase.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some words to describe could include repousse and multi-fluted. If it's 800 Sterling and German don't use the words "German silver" together. German silver has no real silver in it. It's a cool vase!

I was trying to help if you decide to sell it. I re-read and it sounds bossy. Not meant to :)

SweetDesigns

Greenie
Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its called a tulip vase. One stem per hole. Usually porcelain or delft.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread