Great Day!

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Found a NES system with 50 games for $40... I put about 15 games on Amazon (They are selling anywhere from $8 to $45 each). I used amazon Trade In for about 7 games ($75 Amazon Gift Card). The rest will await my own Garage sale, System, Gun, 2 controllers, and 28 games, $75 asking. I didn't realize that you could sell NES carts on Amazon so easily. I put them up at about 5 pm, and I've already sold 5 carts and one is pending (I hate that...)

3 waterford items. Amazon for $100 each.

Misc books including one text book that sell for $325 ($150 used). Cost me $1.

Overall, a VERY nice day.

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding cartridges for these systems is getting harder and harder. I have a system and 3 games I'm going to list on eBay tonight for $100.00 and it should sell. I buy them when I can find them cheap but it's not easy anymore. How do you sell on Amazon? What are costs involved?

OP
OP
D

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Amazon takes a HUGE bite. 25% to 30% depending on the sales price (the lower the price, the higher the %). I use my phone, I scan the graphic of the game, it shows me the game with the current best price (new and used). If you click on that, you can see if they have a trade in offer (no commission, no shipping fee, just mail it in, get the Credit). I would say the biggest benefit to selling on amazon is the ease of listing. From start to end, I can list an item up for sale in 2 to 3 minutes... Often less. The prices are generally higher on Amazon, too.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought an N64 system (complete but no box) with 6 games on Friday for $30. Don't care too much about the system but the games were Mario Kart, Zelda, Star Wars, and Pokemon so the games alone were a pretty good score.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
In the past I would buy ANYTHING video game related. Unfortunately, I have found that there is some level of hype in the sector. I literally sold an entire crate FULL of Atari stuff for $5 because no one wanted it (lost money). Now I have realized that no one wants anything Playstation or Xbox except for a few select games. The older vintage stuff is also tough (Atari, 2nd gen stuff, etc). The handheld stuff seems to do pretty well as well as the "fifth generation" stuff. N64, Gamecube, Dreamcast, etc seems to be ok as well as classics like NES/Sega. Also, the Nintendo handheld stuff seems to be fairly valuable.

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other
An nes and 28 games for $75 is a score...even common games are worth $3-5 each.

I would think about putting the lot of games on CL for $100 and then he complete nes for about $50.

I recently got 60 games most with manuals for $100 which was a smoking deal. Nes, snes, n64 ges all do well, keep an eye out for RPGs they do particularly well!

Nice score!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
An nes and 28 games for $75 is a score...even common games are worth $3-5 each.

I would think about putting the lot of games on CL for $100 and then he complete nes for about $50.

I recently got 60 games most with manuals for $100 which was a smoking deal. Nes, snes, n64 ges all do well, keep an eye out for RPGs they do particularly well!

Nice score!

I was unsure of your pricing so I checked sold listings on ebay. Looks like working complete NES systems sell for between $35-115 on ebay. Not sure why the huge variance but I will certainly keep my eyes open for these for now on.

OP
OP
D

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I was unsure of your pricing so I checked sold listings on ebay. Looks like working complete NES systems sell for between $35-115 on ebay. Not sure why the huge variance but I will certainly keep my eyes open for these for now on.

It depends on the system, the model, the condition, the completeness and whether or not it has a box.

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Also important to test the NES system to get the best price. The old NES systems are notorious for being touchy and often have a blinking red light and no video half the time that you use them. You'll get more out of the system if you do a BIN and can show that it works consistently. If the games are dirty at all, you may want to take a q-tip and some isopropyl alcohol and swab the connectors of the games to help them play more consistently as well.

As someone else mentioned, most fantasy/role playing games for almost any system are worth something.

Super Nintendo (SNES) and N64 are both hot currently.
I've done well buying PS1 games in bulk and finding a few gems and selling the rest with a system (systems themselves aren't worth more than $15 to $20).

Unless you know what you are doing, avoid the original Xbox and PS2 games (the system can still sell ok) like the plague.

theegypt

Greenie
Dec 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if your games are dirty a magic eraser works wonders for cleaning systems and SNES/64 etc. cartridges. Recently picked up some snes carts that were filthy and they cleaned up very quickly and looked brand new after I was done.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Also important to test the NES system to get the best price. The old NES systems are notorious for being touchy and often have a blinking red light and no video half the time that you use them. You'll get more out of the system if you do a BIN and can show that it works consistently. If the games are dirty at all, you may want to take a q-tip and some isopropyl alcohol and swab the connectors of the games to help them play more consistently as well.

As someone else mentioned, most fantasy/role playing games for almost any system are worth something.

Super Nintendo (SNES) and N64 are both hot currently.
I've done well buying PS1 games in bulk and finding a few gems and selling the rest with a system (systems themselves aren't worth more than $15 to $20).

Unless you know what you are doing, avoid the original Xbox and PS2 games (the system can still sell ok) like the plague.

I remember this happening back when I was a kid playing them in the late 80s.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the old NES systems don't work, you and your friends just have to blow into the cartridge and/or game system. It always worked in the 80s.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread