Easy as Cake?

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
a couple of weeks ago, I went to a sale and saw this...

easy.jpg

I ask the Kid in Charge, and she wants $3. I offer her a two dollar bill, and she's as happy as a clam. I don't even bother to look it up. New, sealed, If I can't get $20 for it, I can give it as a gift to the kids who live across the street from my ex-wife for Christmas (or whatever pagan Winter ritual you follow). I take it home and go to list it on Amazon, $150... USED (none for sale new). My thinking, WTF? That can't be real. Used on Ebay, $30, no bids. I figure, I'll throw it up for $109.99 figuring someone will get a "GREAT BARGAIN." or it will stay up until December, and I'll wrap it and gift it.

It just sold... Does anyone know why this thing is worth that much? It doesn't even come with a light bulb (and they are getting hard to find. The CES and LED light bulbs don't work because they do not generate enough heat)...

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well crap, I really need to get a more diverse education. I just threw several of these out that were in a house I cleaned out. They seemed to work too. I also threw out a ton of little toys that my Sister tells me out getting hard to find and sell for $8 a piece. I guess I had better get my toy on.....

OP
OP
D

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Go LED and not fluorescent. LED are more money upfront but last longer and you avoid the mercury that is in the compact fluorescents.

Ikea sells the LED bulbs for a couple of bucks each. Considering the life of the bulb, the versatility (they work well in Sconces (indoors and outdoors), and fans (most fans require special bulbs), and the energy savings, they are a great bargain. The prices are dropping quickly. I was at a garage sale and some guy had a pack of 3 led bulbs. he wanted $25 because he paid $50. They sell that pack for $11 now on Amazon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread