Cha-Ching!

Sterling

Jan 24, 2012
central, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
After work today I decided to stop by an estate sale out in the country. When I walked up to the sale I notice an old mortar with out the pestle, and I asked how much and she replied 30.00, so I bought it with out any hesitation ...."Cha-Ching".....now I'm going to have to find a pestle to compliment the mortar....:tongue3:........... image.jpeg image.jpeg

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't mean to be rude, but as is and "pestle-less", is it worth much more than $30 to a collector? I'm no expert, just curious.

Personally, I love it. I want to find one so badly.

OP
OP
Sterling

Sterling

Jan 24, 2012
central, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I love these also. Guessing on the value of this motar I would say about 250.00+...I have seen pestles on Ebay from 60.00 on up. Not sure if it would increase the value by adding the pestle, just want to complete it...Try going to country estate/ garage sales, for I have heard lots of stories of farmers discing up the soil, and finding a motar/pestles, axes spears. ..Good luck!

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mean to be rude, but as is and "pestle-less", is it worth much more than $30 to a collector? I'm no expert, just curious.

Personally, I love it. I want to find one so badly.

It's such a fine example. Normally you're hard-pressed to get 100.00 for a mortar. But this one is exceptional. With provenance / authentication I would pay 300.00

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread