Great day in Burbank.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Burbank, famous in song and story (on the tonight show especially). Yesterday was the annual Garage sale day. There were about 250 sales in Burbank... I was there... Early...

Got these two cherry wood coin display boxes with 20 Presidential Dollars in each box. 4 proofs in each box.

coins.jpg
proofs.jpg

Price asked? $25 for BOTH. I've never pulled my money out that fast...

How about a nice Roseville Teapot. Chips on spout, but just color lost, no deformity or crack.
tea.jpg
Older woman knew it was damaged... She was pretty reasonable at $3.

Tiffany & Co Sterling wrist band and Ring. $20 for both. One box, one bag. Box is crusty with some kind of dirt that makes me glad I lost my sense of smell.

6 Machines for scrap book people... Cutters, special printers, so on. $175. Listed on Amazon for $950. Could ebay them in a week for $600 and walk away... I'll be patient.

I love the Annual Burbank day...

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good haul. I need to do one of those large city wide sales. We have a few around here just never made it out.

OP
OP
D

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Good haul. I need to do one of those large city wide sales. We have a few around here just never made it out.

City Wide sales are rare out here. Mostly they have community sales, which, for the larger communities, means a day of garage sales in a concentrated area. There are 5 or 6 such neighborhoods within 10 minutes of my house that hold annual sales. I try to hit all of them. The Burbank sale is too big. There is no way to hit them all. Because of that, it kind of feels like a hit or miss.

The Tiffany ring and wrist band were out on display, front and center on a table at 10:30... She was asking $20 each. I got her down to $30 for both (I misrembered). I couldn't believe they were still there. I need to get a couple of Tiffany boxes and a Bag... Anyone know a good source?

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
City Wide sales are rare out here. Mostly they have community sales, which, for the larger communities, means a day of garage sales in a concentrated area. There are 5 or 6 such neighborhoods within 10 minutes of my house that hold annual sales. I try to hit all of them. The Burbank sale is too big. There is no way to hit them all. Because of that, it kind of feels like a hit or miss.

The Tiffany ring and wrist band were out on display, front and center on a table at 10:30... She was asking $20 each. I got her down to $30 for both (I misrembered). I couldn't believe they were still there. I need to get a couple of Tiffany boxes and a Bag... Anyone know a good source?
If you take the ring and band to a Tiffany store, they will clean and polish them for free or charge you $20(depends on the clerk) and give you a pouch and bag. I have done it several times to authenticate my "purchased at thrift store" pieces. But they won't give you a box...unless you are purchasing new. But I always ask for one! And if they charge you a fee for cleaning, the receipt can help when selling on eBay.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tiffany's doesn't charge for cleanings anymore and just tell them you need to run errands and you will be back in an hr. You will get a slip.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I just took two items to Tiffany & Co. this week. They actually have a small sign listing their prices for cleaning and cleaning products. They cleaned both pieces for $20. They used to do it for free, but not anymore.

Sterling

Jan 24, 2012
central, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Next time in the Burbank area would like to pick with you. I'm always picking in the northridge area...

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds!

I paid $20 for my cleaning last week. They sent it overnight though at no charge, with a bag.

OP
OP
D

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
6 Machines for scrap book people... Cutters, special printers, so on. $175. Listed on Amazon for $950. Could ebay them in a week for $600 and walk away... I'll be patient.

3 Machines sold this weekend... $575... Net, about $450.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread