One small store on a plate of jewelry

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We went to one community sale today and the lady had plates with Jewelry on them. You can dig through them but she wanted five dollars a plate. I said can you mix the plates up and she said no you can only buy what was on the plate. So I mixed them up anyways and made my own plate. She really didn't seem to care that I did that. Also it was about 10:30 in the morning. So for $5...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445106879.065069.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445106910.709257.jpg

The pocket watches broken only about the size of a half-dollar but marked 585. I guess nobody knows what that means though.

Last edited:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow a 14K gold pocket watch for $5 !!! You tore it up... Good for you!!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score on the watch

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get how people miss that stuff. It was opened up marked 585 right on the case. I'm glad they do though! [emoji12]

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't get how people miss that stuff. It was opened up marked 585 right on the case. I'm glad they do though! [emoji12]

I agree... do you know what .4167 is ? what .5833 is? .7500 is ? LOL Most people don't... You don't know, what you don't know... :)

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I scrapped the watch case. It ended up being 9.8 g of 14 K after you pull that center metal part out! Not too bad! [emoji12]

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The other 3 numbers are gold carat values... :)
Has nothing to do with pie... lol

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
585 case is awesome. Dial isn't signed, but do check the movement. I paid $300. for a ladies hunter case watch at a pawn shop. It wasn't signed on dial or movement. I could tell by the wolf teeth winding gears it was a higher end Swiss movement and that's why I bought along with it being cased in gold. I found it to have the movement produced by Vacheron Contantin. I got like $890. out of it on eBay. I think gold was like $850. an once at the time.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have never mixed and matched my own plate if she said she didn't want you to. You should have spent a few extra dollars and bought several plates, especially if you see something worthwhile on them. I would have thrown you out if it was my sale. That's just being greedy in my opinion. Sorry but that's the way I see it.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
585 case is awesome. Dial isn't signed, but do check the movement. I paid $300. for a ladies hunter case watch at a pawn shop. It wasn't signed on dial or movement. I could tell by the wolf teeth winding gears it was a higher end Swiss movement and that's why I bought along with it being cased in gold. I found it to have the movement produced by Vacheron Contantin. I got like $890. out of it on eBay. I think gold was like $850. an once at the time.

Well the case is gone. But maybe it's worthwhile to take the movement out of my garbage can, that's where it's sitting here somewhere. Because I'm pretty sure that's where it's at. That's crazy. I figured no name on it, then it's probably junk brand.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

So is this why people are buying the lots with movements that say 17J? Are they looking for good expensive movements us losers don't know are good? :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread