Nice little estate sale- DIG through those boxes!

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, slept in today and got a late noon start. There was supposed to be a neighborhood yard sale at a golf course by the lake and decided to give it a shot even though I was late to the party, usually the stuff I look for other pass by anyways.

On the way there, saw a small sign for an estate sale in town. IT wasn't advertised and was a homemade sign, not one of the local estate companies so thought it might be good. The garage was piled with old boxes and junk. There wasn't much inside so I decided to tear into the garage. Most boxes were still taped and obviously not gone through. I spent about two hours digging through boxes. Here are my treasures I uncovered

4 old model kits. The two Dukes of Hazard models are still sealed in the plastic, the other two have been opened and of those two, the baron one looks complete and untouched, the Yamaha one has been halfway put together and badly painted, missing aa lot of parts. Paid $1 each for these!
P1000998.JPG

This necklace, looks indian made, leather backed, marked but cant really make out the name, it does say ARIZ and dated 3/17/62 Any help on what the name is or the city? before ARIZ would be great. $3

P1000999.JPG
P1010003.JPG

Really like this little figurine, didn't notice til I got home that its missing an arm. Im going back tomorrow to see if the missing arm is in the box I found this in. ANY HELP WITH THE MAKERS MARK? Looks like [crown] N Dresden Dea? ???
P1000991.JPG
P1000995.JPG

This reel to reel tape recorder brand new in box. $1

P1010010.JPG

Im always checking out hats, found a couple 50 cents each

P1010004.JPG P1010006.JPG P1010007.JPG

Got a bunch of other stuff like a brand new fish net, a vintage Hanson postal scale, vintage bright chrome toaster, some tools, Tupperware. I spent less than $40 for everything I bought and had a great time digging for treasure!

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! The sales where you have to roll up your sleeves and get dirty are my favorites. I can't help with the maker's name on your necklace, but the city in Arizona definitely looks like Show Low in east central Arizona. Show Low was Navajo territory, so maybe that will narrow your search down some.

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are my favorite state sales as well! The sellers are more willing to negotiate. Great scores, congratulations!

RJA

OP
OP
nathan104

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they are! At one point, one of the guys there (it was the 90 yo ladies son), said "Thanks for going through all those boxes for us" and laughed. There had been a lot of people there before me, but e boxes were dirty and you had to work to get to them and then dig through them. I love those sales as well. Definitely a lot better than one of the yard sales at the golf course I finally made it to which had ebay print outs laying by more of the items.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sig on the seed bead necklace looks like Gleria or Cleria Margslia or mangslia or manyslia. I just searched for a long time the different spellings and came up empty.

OP
OP
nathan104

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for that. I have searched a lot as well with all different variations and came up short. So, just must not be a known maker. Still a cool necklace.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sig on the seed bead necklace looks like Gleria or Cleria Margslia or mangslia or manyslia. I just searched for a long time the different spellings and came up empty.

I was thinking Gloria.

OP
OP
nathan104

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I think its Gloria as well. The o looks like an E just like the o's in Show Low look like E's.

Im just surprised that all the people that had been to that estate sale before me didn't bother to open all those boxes. Yes, I got a little dirty, dusty and sweaty, but had so much fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread